jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

As a christian, how do you feel when someone refers to God as Inteligent Design?

1. profile image67
    graceinusposted 5 years ago

As a christian, how do you feel when someone refers to God as Inteligent Design?

To me it's as if they admit there is a creater but don't want anything to do with Him. If they feel there is an Inteligent Design tthen why cain't the simplely call Him God?

2. petenali profile image86
    petenaliposted 5 years ago

I have read an excellent book on this subject called "Hallmarks of Design" which gives compelling scientific evidence that some things in nature could not have evolved, but had to have been instantaneously created.  I think that some people in the scientific world are reluctant to name the Intelligent Designer (note use of capital letters) as GOD for fear that their research and opinion is discounted.
    On a personal level, as a believer, I am not offended by the use of intelligent design as it is one steps closer to them realizing who God is and what he has done and is still able to do.  In the same way I don't get upset by someone saying that there is no God.  In both cases their eyes are still blinded to the truth at the moment.

1. profile image67
      graceinusposted 5 years agoin reply to this

petenali- This tell me that in the scientific world, these people hold their research and opinion to a higher value than the "Inteligent Design" they know must exist.  Thanks petenali

3. Marcus99 profile image58
    Marcus99posted 5 years ago

Hmmm. If you want call it God, so be it. It is a concept that is so far above anything we truly understand to suffice as an explanation.

1. profile image67

I would think that even though the concept is so far above anything we may understand, He is still GOD.

2. Marcus99 profile image58
      Marcus99posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Why is 'God' a He? Couldn't it just be Genderless? After all, a concept beyond our realm of understanding would not be explained in simple Male/Female terms that we Humans use.

3. profile image67

Even Jesus said, "Our Father in Heaven". So who am I to argue with Jesus.

4. Marcus99 profile image58
      Marcus99posted 5 years agoin reply to this

We can't always take things literally. Any being that advanced would have no need of a gender is my point....

4. celafoe profile image58
    celafoeposted 5 years ago

Well my God certainly is intelligent and He surely designed everything, so no problem there.    So they are understanding even if they dont want to.

1. profile image67

You do have a point . At least they learned something.

working