jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

What is your take on purity? Do you see it as being essential to a life of excel

1. manatita44 profile image84
    manatita44posted 4 years ago

What is your take on purity? Do you see it as being essential to a life of excellence?

Here excellence implies being the best that we can be; inner and outer abundance; peace; equanimity, poise; movement towards Light, outer dynamism .....

2. GwennyOh profile image86
    GwennyOhposted 4 years ago

I wanted to offer my opinion, but am not sure what you mean when you say 'purity'; care to elaborate any?

manatita44posted 4 years agoin reply to this

That would be cheating. Sure I have my views, but I wish to hear yours. The question is intended for sharing. What do you understand by this word you have most definitely come across? don't be scared, but relate it to the entire question.

2. GwennyOh profile image86
      GwennyOhposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Oh no, this is the second time I ran into this problem today.  A follow-up comment has to be made within 200 characters.  For this reason I will skip responding. Sorry about that, but I just can't get a fluid thought out that could be so short.

3. Sri T profile image80
    Sri Tposted 4 years ago

Not purity in the highest sense of the word. Even the greatest and most revered have their flaws. As one great mystic told me, its best not to worry about perfection. Every great being is an illusion. A close examination will expose anyone. That said, we can still do a lot of good for others in a lifetime.

"What is your take on purity?". If this is your take on it, Sri T, then fine. It is not quite what I was looking for. Peace.

2. Sri T profile image80
      Sri Tposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I guess my take on purity is, there is no such thing on the human level. The Christian scriptures tend to agree.

3. manatita44 profile image84

Thank you Sri T.

working