jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Do you use amulets/talismans for spells? Do cheap amulets "work"?

1. modernalchemyst profile image96
    modernalchemystposted 4 years ago

Do you use amulets/talismans for spells? Do cheap amulets "work"?

First, do you use amulets and/or talismans in your spells, rituals, and for general purposes? Do you find some intentions more effective than others? Also, do you believe that the relatively cheap, mass-produced amulets that can be found in online pagan shops work as well as one of a kind, hand-crafted amulets? I'm curious as to what others think. I've always been of the impression that one Pentacle/Pentagram has the same protective effect as the next, but I wonder if that applies to other symbols as well.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8020802_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Rayne123posted 4 years ago

I am not so sure I would believe in anything that has to do with spells/witchcraft. it actually is calling out evil. Its like that silver or gold bracelet stores have been selling to give out energy.

I think its all a matter of the mind, if you think positive it will work.

Your thoughts become your reality. I know crystal is meant to lighten your mood and heal to some extend.

Actually this spell thing is a sin in the bible and if you are doing it for yourself and fun fine, however if any spell is send to someone else it just comes back to you.

so I would like myself to know if any of this has worked on anyone that has 100 percent proof.

modernalchemystposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your comment! I'm actually a pagan witch, so I have to respectfully disagree with you on spells being a way of calling out to evil. The vast majority of us simply work with the natural forces found in the world around us. smile

3. profile image0
    Copper Manposted 4 years ago

I have been known to cross my fingers. Since I am right handed, I usually cross two fingers on that hand. However, I suppose crossing two fingers on my left hand would have the same effect.
    So I would have to say I believe a cheap amulet would work as well as an expensive one. No need to spend extra money just to cast a spell or to ward off someone else's spell.
    By the way, what ever happened to good old abracadabra?

Very good points! That's my suspicion as well, that it's not so much the materials but the personal perception of value that matters most.

LOL I certainly know many who don't use tools at all to practice! Thanks for your answer!

4. MickS profile image73
    MickSposted 4 years ago

No I don't use them.  Like all trappings of superstition, whether cheap, or expensive, they don't work.

Well, I was talking mostly within the context of Paganism, so I personally believe our amulets "work" for us as well as a cross "works" for Christians, but thanks for commenting! smile

5. elenagarcia profile image76
    elenagarciaposted 4 years ago

i have a ring that i use to cast a spell of protection.  it is not fancy or expensive.  it is just a simple ring that does have sentimental value.  what i have learned, that mostly it is the strength of the intent behind the spell that aides most in its casting.  however, you must pay attention to material.  some spells are strengthened by the material used.  hope this helps.  smile

6. NanLT profile image86
    NanLTposted 3 years ago

Some of my best, and most used tools as a witch have come from discount bins, boot fairs, and tat shops and the besom I prefer using for ritual was found in a box of Halloween costume props.

working