What is the legend surrounding Clinton Road in New Jersey?

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

What is the legend surrounding Clinton Road in New Jersey?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8255708_f260.jpg

2. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

I live in West Milford, home of the infamous Clinton Road!! 

Depending on who you talk to, there are numerous rumors and legends involving the road, involving ghosts (if you throw coins off a certain bridge into the water, a ghostly boy will return them to you) secret Satanic rituals, and KKK meetings being held in the woods. I personally call bullsh*t on all of them, but that's just me. I only moved to town a couple of years ago. My wife grew up here and she swears she went to high school with this guy who knew this guy who knew this other guy who heard from another guy that..well, you get the idea.

The road is very isolated and when you're driving it at night, it can be rather spooky, so I can understand how such tales can get started. It is a very twisty country road with a couple of houses at one end, a couple more at the other end, and roughly seven and a half miles of woods and ponds in between. It can be quite a lonely drive and can cause your imagination to wander....!!

3. Maggie Bennett profile image71
    Maggie Bennettposted 4 years ago

It is a long desolate spooky road with lots of made up "woo woo" stories.

However, Richard Kuklinski did drop off the body of one of his victims along that stretch of road.  This is how he got his nickname The Iceman because he dumped the body before it was fully thawed.

working