jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What do you choose God, or Self Praise?

1. danijean99 profile image62
    danijean99posted 4 years ago

What do you choose God, or Self Praise?

What are your beliefs?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

I choose God. I choose his wonderful grace that he has bestowed upon us so lovingly through his son Jesus Christ whom he sent to Earth to live and die upon that cross so that all of mankind can have the choice of eternal life if they accept that Jesus Christ is their lord and savior who arose on that third day and is alive for today and eternity. This is my choice and I hope the choice of many, many others.

1. stuff4kids profile image96
      stuff4kidsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Have you read  much in terms of world mythology, science, anthropology, history and so on? If you have, how do you manage to think that this means anything at all to anyone outside your cult?

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I have seen you behavior, and I choose not to discuss anything with anyone who would call someone insane because of their beliefs. Have a good day.

3. mintinfo profile image74
    mintinfoposted 4 years ago

Why do you have to choose either one. I do not believe in a god but I do not function on self praise.

I believe that I am a part of a process. I do not believe that that process was initiated by a god but by the forces that govern the universe. The main ones being Gravity and Electromagnetic forces. The process is too extensive to explain here.

4. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 4 years ago

I'm not positive what you mean by self praise. If one does something good, a pat on the back is relatively harmless. But, if one assumes that everything they do is right, then the praise over-inflates the ego. I feel that self empowerment, however, is important to everyone. When overcoming obstacles, saying "I can do this" or "I did it" can be vital for building self worth and morale. If we constantly give credit for our accomplishments to someone, or something, else, then we belittle ourselves, which isn't productive.