Do you believe in casting spells? Think about it for a minute!!!!!

1. Breatheeasy3 profile image72
    Breatheeasy3posted 4 years ago

Do you believe in casting spells? Think about it for a minute!!!!!

Not your typical hocus-pocus! But I'm talking about within everyday language. Words are more powerful than we give it credit for. It suggests, persuades, convinces, etc. In order to use words(in any language) we must know how to "Spell". Thusly, is "Spell-ing" the casting of such 'hocus-pocus'?????

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8464789_f260.jpg

2. Radical Rog profile image79
    Radical Rogposted 4 years ago

Now if you go back to the root of the word's meaning you find your question is not so far from the truth. Before the ability to read and write became commonplace, ordinary people required on ravelling storytellers for both news and entertainment. These storytellers give us the root meaning for the word, wizard -spellcaster. To know the 'spel' of a story was to know and be able to recount the events of that story in the correct order. As in the modern meaning of spell, to be able to put the letters of a word in the correct order.
    Thus, the ancient storyteller, spellcaster, wizard needed to know 'spel' of the story to be able to hold the listeners entranced. So how did it all become magical? Many of these ancient stories related to mythology and alternative creation stories to the ones the early Church wanted to promote.

3. WiccanSage profile image95
    WiccanSageposted 3 years ago

I believe in spells, but not hocus-pocus.

I practice modern Witchcraft, which is a spiritual art rooted in nature and psychology. It's not the hocus-pocus of fiction or rumor, it doesn't break the laws of physics.

working