Is the perception of beauty and ugliness not a borrowed one by us ?

1. Harishprasad profile image82
    Harishprasadposted 4 years ago

Is the perception of beauty and ugliness not a borrowed one by us ?

Sometimes it appears to me that our perceptions build up in tandem with the outlooks and attitudes of the people around us instead of outcome of our own evaluation and deeper penetration,a trait very rare to find. What is good for you can be irksome for me and what is abhorrent for me can be soothing to you.

2. Borsia profile image43
    Borsiaposted 4 years ago

To be sure the ideals of beauty are cultural and ever changing.
    IE: Today we see slender as beautiful but it wasn't all that long ago that fat was the more desirable body type.
    Likewise almost every aspect of how we rate appearance has had its fads and changed a great deal over time.
    Hair is probably the one single thing that changes the most rapidly long, short, straight curly even bald.

3. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

It's an old cliché that remains true to this day:
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"
    Go to any public place; mall, grocery store, park, beach, church, restaurant or wherever and you will see people of all colors, shapes, and sizes who have found a mate!
    Many of them will be people (you) don't consider to be beautiful or attractive in the slightest! Thankfully we live on a planet with over 7 billion people. Odds are there is more than one person who would be attracted to each of us!
    Having said the above most cultures consider (youth) to be far more attractive/beautiful than being middle aged or elderly.

working