jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What is ugly to you?

1. xethonxq profile image64
    xethonxqposted 6 years ago

What is ugly to you?

For me, ugliness has nothing to do with outward appearances...it's all about someone's personality and how they treat others.

2. kerlynb profile image90
    kerlynbposted 6 years ago

Ugliness for me is disparaging people, telling bad things about them but not even trying to talk to them and convince them to change their ways.

Ugliness for me is also not trying to be the best and most beautiful that we can be, just being contented with the mediocre.

Many of us would say that we're ugly. I think everybody can be attractive by putting in even a little effort.  When we're lazy and grumpy, we'd definitely become ugly.

3. cat on a soapbox profile image97
    cat on a soapboxposted 6 years ago

I agree with your remark. Rude people are ugly. Rude behavior includes being condescending, boastful, thoughtless, arrogant, judgemental, and generally ill-mannered or impolite. .

4. Angel_In_Disguise profile image68
    Angel_In_Disguiseposted 6 years ago

Lies and deception, Not only does it hurt but it shows a person in the ugliest form. Also people who cannot forgive others for minor mishaps.

5. KateWest profile image76
    KateWestposted 6 years ago

Yes. Cruelty, in any shape of form is always ugly. Physically attractive people can also seem ugly when they behave badly and seemingly unattractive people can turn beautiful if they have pure souls. The eye-of-the-beholder kind of thing.

6. Borsia profile image43
    Borsiaposted 6 years ago

There is a sociology professor who is doing a study to see if there shouldn't be some kind of help for Ugloamericans. He claims that they are hugely discriminated against, more so than any other minorities.
    I forget which state it is, but I believe it is in the Midwest, there is a law that prohibits ugly people from going out in public without some form of visual shielding IE; a bag over their head.
    I think that law needs to be enforced and expanded ;-D

7. Faceless39 profile image93
    Faceless39posted 6 years ago

Hatred, fear, inability to stand up for what's right in this world!  Ugliness is beneath the surface; our bodies are just shells covering our true selves.  Be empathetic to both humans and animals; spread love; don't judge on first appearances.  smile

8. Rosie2010 profile image77
    Rosie2010posted 6 years ago

My older sister was a beautiful baby.  And then, I came.  I was an ugly baby, so much so that one of my aunts told me later on "You were such an ugly baby, but look at you now."  uh..  thank you... I guess.  Ugly is a mean word.  When we were kids, we used to say "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me."  We were wrong, words hurt. 

On the lighter side, here is an ugly joke...

"Dude, you're so ugly you make onions cry."

Now, that is ugly!

9. beautyspot2010 profile image58
    beautyspot2010posted 6 years ago

Someone who has a nasty attitude and nothing nice to say, who sees the bad in everything and everyone, i think that is ugly

10. Beth-Woodard profile image73
    Beth-Woodardposted 5 years ago

Yeah, some ugly folks out there, but beauty in the eye of the beholder and all that,some ugly fish too angler fish, gulper eels,cucumber fish etc, take a look