jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Why do non-Christians fear the celebrations of Christ's birth that presents song

1. profile image54
    tbHistorianposted 4 years ago

Why do non-Christians fear the celebrations of Christ's birth that presents songs of joy as an

obligation to follow moral principles?  During this Christmas season we have witnessed many attempts to destroy the Christian celebration.  Much of this destructive effort has been initiated by immoral non-believers.  Do you think their fear is self-imposed or a result of peer pressure?  Do you believe that it is the devil's way of destroying the society?  Do you think it will change your love of God?  Do you believe that God will forgive them if they repent of their sins?  What will you do to show the world that the Kingdom of God exists for all who follow the path of righteousness?

2. PlanksandNails profile image85
    PlanksandNailsposted 4 years ago

The problem with this question is that is presupposes that Christmas has to do with the birth of Jesus Christ and is a Christian celebration. "Christmas" was celebrated long before Jesus Christ was born as a pagan tradition throughout history. Mixing the holy and profane as worship to God is the same as worshiping the golden calf. Many attempt to worship Jesus in the spirit of Christmas, but negate the truth that Christmas is pagan. Jesus Christ was not born during Christmas, but during the Feast of Tabernacles.

1. profile image54
      tbHistorianposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Christmas=Christ's Mass
      Those believing it a pagan tradition do not follow the Mass proceedings celebrating the Christ child.
      It is the converted pagans that included their moral traditions as they converted that you refer to.
      Merry Christmas all

3. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 4 years ago

In my experience, there are two reasons why a religious message might be disallowed at a location. The first is that it's government property. Separation of church and state is part of the foundation for the United States, so they cannot endorse any religion over another. The second reason is that it's a business location and that particular business doesn't want it there. Maybe the company isn't Christian, or maybe they just want to maximize profits by accommodating all beliefs. Either way it's a corporate decision.

So, in both instances, non-believers are not involved. While it's true that some non-believers might point out the government one, their goal isn't to destroy organized religion. It's to expand equality; they are not your enemy.

1. profile image54
      tbHistorianposted 4 years agoin reply to this

The Supreme Court judges struggle to formulate a definition that properly supports the expression of religion on government grounds by patriots that follow their faith. They cannot discern the meaning of the First Amendment Establishment Clause.

2. M. T. Dremer profile image95
      M. T. Dremerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Regardless of legal semantics, non believers are still fighting for equality, and are not agents of evil.

4. manatita44 profile image83
    manatita44posted 4 years ago

TB Historian,

Your question is such that it will provoke many mental answers. I will answer the last question because I'm more comfortable here:

"What will you do to show the world that the Kingdom of God exists for all who follow the path of righteousness?"

In my experience, those who follow the path of righteousness will not ask your question. They are too busy striving to love God and do His Will, according to their given capacity and receptivity.

As for me, I will continue to love God, to be an imitator of Christ, as Paul suggests: to love, serve, give .. be an exemplary benchmark to inspire my fellow brothers and sisters: Mankind. In my smile, in my giving, in my sweet and loving voice or the pure motives of my heart I will offer myself soulfully and selflessly to others in God's creation. I will pray ceaselessly, both interior and verbal prayer.

Finally, in my experience, all devotees of the Light have no problems with spiritual holidays. They simply continue, or intensify what do they do or have been doing day after day, once having been rekindled with the Spirit. That is to say, they serve, sing, praise, adore, feel for and share with God and humanity 

There are those who will give you 'head' answers for your question. Perhaps you need this also. The Supreme Maker serves us in many ways. Happy 2014!!

working