jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Is tithing a command from God and can we be reject by God for stealing is Tithe?

1. Keith Risden profile image78
    Keith Risdenposted 4 years ago

Is tithing a command from God and can we be reject by God for stealing is Tithe?

1Co 9:14  Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel,

2. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

God doesn't need money, and he certainly doesn't need you to lock into a weekly payment plan where you contribute a certain percentage of your earnings.

Keith Risdenposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I wonder why this was done in old Testament time and God said you have robbed him....I think God take His Church personal remember what he said to Saul in Act:9:4..., Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? Is was the Church Saul was trying to kill out

2. celafoe profile image62
      celafoeposted 4 years agoin reply to this

to KRThat to Saul has nothing to do with tithe.    And the scripture you quote was OT and taking to Jews, not teh Christian church.   big difference.   you need to learn the diff between the OT and the New before you start trying to correct people

3. Sri T profile image80
    Sri Tposted 4 years ago

No, it is a spiritual technique for sowing and reaping. Ancient mystics observed nature and concluded that when a person gives, they receive an increase. When you plant one apple seed, you get an apple tree. One seed planted multiplies your return. That is the message. Nature multiplies whatever you plant or give, if you believe and expect it. It works for me every time. Some people don't get results because they forget to expect the multiplied increase. It is an act of faith regardless of the appearances or circumstances of the world.

4. celafoe profile image62
    celafoeposted 4 years ago

the scripture you quote has nothing to do with tithes.    Titheing was given to the Levites as a means of support as they were bound to God and were not given land when entering the promised land.  As a part of the law this was eliminated  when the new testament was instituted upon the resurrection of CHrist.   It was only for the Levites, except the tithe to be eaten by the giver, and it is against scripture for anyone other than a natural born Levite to receive a tithe.   So anyone telling you to give a tithe is advising you against scripture , as many do these days to fill their pockets

To celafoe: it is evident that you have not done much research, Melchisedec was not a Levite and he receive tithe and even the levi priest that received tithe pay tithe to the high priest so tithing involved more than just to take support the Levites

2. celafoe profile image62

ah a new know it all.   The tithe to Melchisedec was a simple gift=-tithe meaniNG 10%.  the tithe Commanded by God in the law is different, was only for the levites and that command passed with the law when Jesus was resurrected. We live by NT not OT

3. Keith Risden profile image78

There are several evidence found in the New Testament that the people were tithing."  http://hub.me/agcaE  follow the link and read and leave your comment  there. Paul address the issues. Read and comment I will here you then. (http://hub.me/agcaE)

4. celafoe profile image62

sorry i dont go to stupid websites to debate people like you-- if cant back it up yourself with scripture then berate me that I do, as that is the scriptural way.   There is NO scripture to support  a tithe for Christians

working