jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Would you let your faith rule your decision to invest or do something?

1. sangre profile image97
    sangreposted 3 years ago

Would you let your faith rule your decision to invest or do something?

2. grand old lady profile image85
    grand old ladyposted 3 years ago

Only if it were a decision to invest in something that is dishonest, or not in line with my values. In such case, my faith would have a lot to do with it.

I would commit my investments to God but I don't see faith as a magic wand to wealth. You have to know what you are investing in, not just put your money into something that sounds really good.

I'd rather stick to my strengths in deciding what to invest in. It should be something I know pretty well, and something that I'm good at.

3. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

Yes I would. I would never knowingly invest my money in a company that provides goods or services that go against what I believe is acceptable. If I believe that product or service is sinful in itself, tempts someone to sin, or actually causes someone to sin then that sin also falls on my head because I, in a roundabout way, sinned myself.

4. manatita44 profile image84
    manatita44posted 3 years ago

One is always one's faith or philosophy. What you see in the mirror, is what you will give out. A mother cannot teach a child something that she does not know herself. Our behaviour influences who we are and we act as we know how to at any given moment.

Our decision to invest is already influenced by our thinking. At best we can render unto Ceasar what is Ceasars, and unto God what is Gods. You will find that there is no dichotomy when they eventually flow as one.