jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Why does todays church system use the clergy.Laity model when God hates it.

1. celafoe profile image60
    celafoeposted 3 years ago

Why does todays church system use the clergy.Laity model when God hates it.

The new testament church is in no way like the old testament church so why do they copy the dead OT model instead of follow the new testament?
    Matt 20:25-26   You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and those who are great exercise authority over them.  26 Yet it shall not be so among you;

2. profile image68
    graceinusposted 3 years ago

celafoe- I had made comments in your Hub which in part is related to your question here. And I wrote two long comments regarding it. Therefore you will find my answer to this question in your most recent Hub. You do have my deepest support.

God bless brother.

3. freeradicalsteve profile image86
    freeradicalsteveposted 3 years ago

I believe it is in our human nature to always have a "system" to organize people, complete tasks and achieve objectives. The clergy/laity divide is just one small part of that system.

The system looks like this: People at the top who tell others what to do but don't listen, people in the middle where there is conflict between those who see the need for change and those who want to keep the benefits of the status quo and those at the bottom, where most have lost all hope.

The system works like this: hierarchy, formal use of power and authority, routine and mechanistic ways of getting things done and a predominance of one-way communication.

The system is competitive, divisive and readily facilitates corruption  .... I think that is why the Lord had a "system" in the OT to show us how useless the system is for His work. In the NT the Lord has an "ekklesia" where there is no system at all .... the ekklesia can only function effectively when we by faith, willingly cooperate with the Lord by the power of the Holy Spirit .... the ekklesia is a supernatural spiritual entity, it cannot function at all within a human system.

1. celafoe profile image60
      celafoeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

wow-- correct  its nice to see there are some others out there that see the truth.   nice to hear from you

working