jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

What is the difference between God's Mercy and God's Grace?

1. Sundeep Kataria profile image74
    Sundeep Katariaposted 3 years ago

What is the difference between God's Mercy and God's Grace?

2. pattyfloren profile image80
    pattyflorenposted 3 years ago

I am going to try to answer this as intelligently as I can without going to the good book and finding the right answer.  God's mercy is a gift by God for persons' who have done a wrong deed or feels the troubles from another, such as having empathy towards them by saying, Lord have mercy.  God's grace is knowing that he will guide and direct your path if you ask in  his name, and give you the knowledge of knowing the difference.  It is also a gift received by him to acknowledge his goodness.

3. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

I believe mercy is not punishing us for the wrong we do even though we deserve punishment. Grace is a something given as a reward even though we don't deserve it.

4. Kiss andTales profile image79
    Kiss andTalesposted 3 years ago

My findings are written from the New world translation ,and in our own language this is what they both mean.

“By grace [“undeserved kindness,” NW] you have been saved through faith; and this is not your own doing, it is the gift of God—not because of works, lest any man should boast.” ... (The entire provision for salvation is an expression of God’s undeserved kindness.

Mercy is an expression of kind consideration or pity that brings relief to those who are disadvantaged.

(2 Corinthians 1:3) Mercy is shown by treating someone in a compassionate way. ... This is a major facet of God’s personality.

5. definitions profile image59
    definitionsposted 3 years ago

They are both fabulous..........................."......

6. profile image0
    AKChenoweth2014posted 3 years ago

I believe that the answer is that both are undeserved. Grace is unmerited favor by God and Mercy withheld punishment by God.

1. Sundeep Kataria profile image74
      Sundeep Katariaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Very interesting observation. Thanks

7. manatita44 profile image83
    manatita44posted 3 years ago

Fine difference, if any. Grace is God's goodness and His mercy. Seems to me that some of the other commenters are saying a similar thing. Just expressed differently. Peace, Bro.

working