jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Can you design a front cover for my book on spiritual poetry?

1. manatita44 profile image84
    manatita44posted 3 years ago

Can you design a front cover for my book on spiritual poetry?

It will be called 'Blossoms of The Heart.' It is an aesthetic, ethereal and esoteric book. It's cover may involve a Heart, or Heart-Temple, but something not related to human love. It needs an ethereal or mystical feel. Something striking and inspirational. It must come from your heart and be based on the spirit of giving or Love. All received will be used.

2. Faith Reaper profile image88
    Faith Reaperposted 3 years ago

It sounds lovely, manatita.

I know of a fellow hubber, Vinaya, who does book covers.

I do hope you find the right person to do it for you.  I know it will be a success with your amazing poetry.

Blessings and peace always

manatita44posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Faith. I do appreciate this. Peace.

3. Webwriter777 profile image60
    Webwriter777posted 3 years ago

Hi manatita44,

I am blessed to have you ask - but the design I am able to do (In my Copywriting work) I feel would not come up to par with that of a Professional Designer.

Your works deserve the very best. I am much more of a writer than I am a designer. So in that light, I would have to answer...no. I could surely design a cover...but it would not be up to the standard that a Professional Designer could give you. However, thank you for considering me first.

Stay Blessed my brother,

Stephen Monday

Thanks Bro.

I appreciate this. I will keep on looking. Peace.

4. connorj profile image75
    connorjposted 3 years ago

I certainly cannot accomplish this; however, perhaps looking into integrating some of Saint John of the Cross' works or believe it or not some of the last artwork of the converted Salvador Dali just prior to his death. Perhaps looking at the illustrations within The Mansions/Interior Castles by Saint Teresa would manifest some ideas...

This is a striking picture! One well worth looking at for my next book. This coming one though must seem to be neutral of faith, but one that draws inspirational in the Hearts of all. Great input.

5. Sinbadsailorman profile image75
    Sinbadsailormanposted 3 years ago

I haven't Read your Work but from what your looking For in your description above I would suggest the Sacred Heart surrounded by a Cage. Maybe a Bird Cage with Angels in the Back ground lifting the cage towards the Heavens.

Again You are the Only one Best qualified to See the Vision of the Cover. Not Knowing the works contain Makes It hard for the Designer.
    Your Front Cover Needs to be Something Everyone Thinks they already Know something about to peak their Interests even Further. Poetry is Often a Hard Sale Religious Poetry Can be easier.

I would suggest you Find the single Most Poem that You Feel speaks Clearest the Message you wish to be Relayed If no Message Then your personal Favorite feel every emotion contain within and select the strongest one.

Seek out a Painter who does this and give them your vision of that emotion or message. As you describe It for another who is Qualified moreso than yourself or that You Feel is You'll come to know It is You who must select a current work Photo,  Print, Painting, Stick figure, or whatever it may be. Once you get the Vision Set in you Minds Eye you can proceed to commission It or Draw It yourself or Photograph It Yourself.  It may Be It is Not an elaborate Image.   

Often we second Guess our Vision because One wants to Un responsible for the outcome or the success You must Own the Complete Book or Vision You Must Do what you were commissioned to Do. But you already Knew This from the Start. She is your Baby Its in Your Hands Asking For Help is okay But Whom is It you should Ask the question To or From The Dream Giver has Given you a Dream Your 95% there Do Not Turn around and Give Up on completing the Vision It lies within in you You already are supplied with the Image of that Front Cover as well as all the illustrations including the Back Cover.

GOD Bless You and Yours.  One step at a Time, One Day at a Time You have Possessed everything needed from the Moment You Began your Journey.  Ask and You Shall receive. No need to farm out the seed unless it is meant to be for another as well as for you and this may take a little time to be reveal unto You.

Thanks, Sinbad. I have said what I am looking for up top and I will know it when I see it.

All my writings, both prose and poems can be found simply my clicking on my name. Cheers bro.

6. BlossomSB profile image93
    BlossomSBposted 3 years ago

Try Fiverr.com They offer many helps for all sorts of things, including covers  and the prices are really reasonable, starting from $5 US and building up from there, depending on what you require.
    You need to have chosen the finished size of your book, including the weight of the paper you have chosen and the number of pages, so that the designer will know the width of the spine.
    You also need to give the designer the exact words you want on the front, the spine (if it's wide enough) and the blurb for the back cover.
    If you have a picture or photo you would like them to use, you can send that, too. They're usually quite fast.
    Hope this is helpful -blessings on your undertaking.

Blessings and joy to you, my Sweet Friend. A noteworthy input. Much thanks.

Closed to reply