jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Robert H Schuller, founder of Crystal Cathedral. Born September 26, 1926, Died A

1. Say Yes To Life profile image80
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 3 years ago

Robert H Schuller, founder of Crystal Cathedral. Born September 26, 1926, Died April 2, 2015.

Though I've never met Pastor Schuller, he has influenced my life. While staying at the youth hostel in Long Beach, CA, I came across his book, "Tough Times Never Last, but Tough People Do!" Back at home in Palo Alto, I bought the book at Tower Records. When one of my roommates had a snafu, I gave it to her. I bought another copy, then gave it to the principal of my high school when her son was seriously burned in a car accident. Recently, I bought 2 copies, one for myself, the other for my best friend.
    Thank you, Pastor Schuller, for being there!

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12317399_f260.jpg

2. celafoe profile image59
    celafoeposted 2 years ago

be careful following a man, esp that one he taught MUCH false doctrine of men;   Study the bible for yourself as you ask the Holy  Spirit to show you all truth.   you cannot rely on the ministers of the doctrine of men that run the current church sytems  to teach the truth, as they are HIRELINGS.    Read your bible and see what it says a hireling is for yourself

1. Say Yes To Life profile image80
      Say Yes To Lifeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your response; I was wondering if anyone cared. I know TV evangelists get a bad rap - a lot of it justified - but Pastor Schuller was one of the few who genuinely tried to help people. Read the book to see what I mean.

2. celafoe profile image59
      celafoeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

yl-   I  don't read books of men.I  check what they teach and compare it to scripture.   He fails the test

3. Say Yes To Life profile image80
      Say Yes To Lifeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Pastor Schuller taught people how to overcome problems and be successful in life. He followed where Jesus led; "I have come that they may have life, and have it more abundantly".

4. celafoe profile image59
      celafoeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

yl-- his teachings on self esteem and self reliance and that salvation can be found outside of Christ are against scripture and are evil.  scripture says
      to crucify (kill) our fleshly desire and that salvation is through Christ alone.   & much mo

working