jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Are all alien abductees single? I have never heard of a disappearing bed mate.

1. itsallrelative profile image73
    itsallrelativeposted 3 years ago

Are all alien abductees single? I have never heard of a disappearing bed mate.

I have read of many alien abductions.  What about the bed mate? Did they hear the ship, see the lights and see their spouse or partner levitate and then dissappear only to reappear later?  Why do we not hear from the spouse or partner?  Seems like it would be terrifying.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12347872_f260.jpg

2. chuckandus6 profile image75
    chuckandus6posted 3 years ago

I don't believe that their has been an abduction. I do believe that there are other Lifeforms on other Planets.
    Maybe if.they did abduct a single person,they wanted to be inconspicuous.

3. sparkster profile image93
    sparksterposted 3 years ago

No, they are not all single. Betty and Barney Hill were a couple who were both abducted by aliens but not from their beds. Karla Turner's husband was also an alien abductee and it was Karla who found out. I believe Travis Walton was also married at the time of his abduction (not sure if he still is). So, no. Most alien abductees are definitely not single.

4. Lady Guinevere profile image61
    Lady Guinevereposted 3 years ago

I am not single and was not when I was abducted.

1. sparkster profile image93
      sparksterposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I am single now but wasn't single at the time of a possible abduction experience. I do not know if I was abducted or not though, I have no conscious recollection of the incident if it did happen.

5. DarkestDreams profile image61
    DarkestDreamsposted 2 years ago

On rare occasions, I have heard of couples being abducted.  I've also heard of people being abducted and the spouse notices the person is gone or sees something as well.

6. tamarawilhite profile image92
    tamarawilhiteposted 2 years ago

The closest thing I can think of is  Betty and Barney Hill, but they say they were awake.

I think the alien abduction cases are a combination of sleep paralysis and dreams of angelic figures. (Go back a few centuries, and you have stories of abductions by fairies, elves, etc.)

If you sleep with someone and start having nightmares or sleep walking, they wake you up or calm you down. Controlled sleep disturbances mean nothing that lasts so long you wake up remembering an alien abduction.

working