jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Is faith stronger than belief? How many of you folks out there believe faith can

1. profile image61
    Tanya Kothiyalposted 2 years ago

Is faith stronger than belief? How many of you folks out there believe faith can move mountains?

2. CarrieG profile image78
    CarrieGposted 2 years ago

Faith believes in what is true. Faith is being convinced of the truth, being certain of reality, having evidence of things you can not see, and faith is believing, hoping in, embracing, grabbing a hold the truth.

Heb 11:1 (NIV) Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Just knowing the truth is only half of faith. Faith requires being convinced that what we believe in is true, God's word must be hoped for, embraced, seized!
    Believing is not exactly the same as faith. For belief to be faith, it must believe on what is true. Yet Scripture gives examples of situations where belief alone is required, even commanded. Like, there's no time for evidence collection, to wait, to hear, for certainty. Just believe. Like Peter walking on the water—he had no time to think about getting out of the boat or not…don't think, act! God even requires us to believe in him when, temporarily, the evidence looks bad: to trust. God requires belief and trust in moments of human weakness, but faith is what makes us strong. Faith is the state of being convinced about what we hope for.

So since faith is what makes us stronger in our walk with God. I would say that Faith is stronger then belief.

When it comes to mountain moving I believe the word “mountain” represents things that I need God to answer.  Not physical mountains. Could God move one for me, yes he can but I still hold on to it being something that I take to God in prayer, such as, maybe I’m in trouble with my finances, not working and things seem to be as BIG as a mountain. So I pray and believe and have faith that God is going to work those details out (removing the mountain). I didn’t mean to write a book, sorry :-)

1. profile image61
      Tanya Kothiyalposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Carrie for sharing your wonderful thoughts.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

Without belief there is no faith!
    Faith is to believe in what we cannot see and the reward of that faith is to see what we believe.
    When someone says they have faith that everything will be fine, they're going to get a job, find a mate, or whatever it is that means they believe. Having {faith} means not worrying about {how}.

4. lone77star profile image84
    lone77starposted 2 years ago

Faith is above belief and above being convinced by evidence.

Faith IS Truth. Faith IS Creation. Faith IS being at-one with God, who IS Love.

Faith can do anything with the physical world. Move a dust moat, move a mountain, move a galaxy. They are all the same to True Faith.

I have experienced this state on several occasions. I talk about this in some of my books.