With so many churches not marry gay couple, is wedding business for gay couple,

1. profile image60
    peter565posted 2 years ago

With so many churches not marry gay couple, is wedding business for gay couple, good business now?

Remember the episode of Simpson where Homer become a minister to cash in on performing gay wedding, when the church won't marry gay couples and Spring field want to use legalizing gay marriage to cash in on gay money?  This got me thinking, in real life, there are a lot of churches whom also won't marry gay couples.  So, if we become one of those online priest that anybody can be and start performing wedding for gay couples, would that big good business to make money?

2. Kylyssa profile image98
    Kylyssaposted 2 years ago

Plenty of churches and religious officiates are willing to marry same sex couples so I think there's unlikely to be much of a shortage of people willing to officiate at weddings. It just seems like there might be a shortage of religious wedding officiates willing to do their jobs because those who are anti-equality make such an impressive and visible fuss about it.

Some churches have been marrying same sex couples in religious ceremonies for decades and long before it became possible for them to be married before the law. Now they can do it and have it result in a legal as well as a religious marriage.

1. profile image60
      peter565posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Well, so much for my idea of cashing in on gay money though
      sad

working