jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Why are humans destroying the planet if humans are ethical?

1. Bella Sames profile image78
    Bella Samesposted 2 years ago

Why are humans destroying the planet if humans are ethical?

Maybe the whole concept of morality is inverted, as humans are the reason why the planet is going to crap, why other animals are suffering etc. What is Morality really?!

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image29
    bradmasterOCcalposted 2 years ago

To answer that ? you have to be more specific, and give examples of who, what, where, and when?

Bella Samesposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I don't have to be more specific. Even if it is an open aired question, there can still be many answers.

3. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

Many humans only care about their own comfort and luxury. They ignore the bigger picture as to what their excess is doing to the planet. "The what you don't know won't hurt you" mentality.

It makes me think through to another thought that I thunk a while back after studying industrialised farming and globalization; maybe we are just like the animals we cultivate for our own gain? But it is us and the people behind the curtain?

4. Michaela Osiecki profile image79
    Michaela Osieckiposted 2 years ago

Most of the corporations that are responsible for the raping of our natural world have, in the past, used God as their scapegoat. "God can us dominion over the Earth and so we can ruin it any way we see fit for a profit." In my view, these people up at the top have lost their humanity and their blood has turned to dollar signs.

Yes. I realised that before, the church had control over the country and anyone who disagreed was disposed of. Now it is the corporations and anyone who protests are put in prison.

5. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 2 years ago

Humans are not destroying the planet.
    We do not have to revert to a pre-industrial civilization to be moral.
    Life as simple agrarians was nasty, brutal, short, with child mortality of 2/3 and massive loss of wild areas because people had inefficient agriculture.
    It is only with more advanced agriculture and technology that we've been able to feed more people on less land in the past 30 years, allowing marginal farmland to return to a natural state - and as Peter Diamandis talks about in his book "Abundance", things will get better.

I believe that the world is not going to ruin because of the bad people in the world. Merely the people that have the frame of mind that things might get better. People who are idle. People who think they know, when really they're comforting themself

working