jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (20 posts)

Can You Prove God Exists?

1. PhoenixV profile image68
    PhoenixVposted 23 months ago

Can You Prove God Exists?

What are your arguments for an existing God?

2. profile image55
    Norine Williamsposted 23 months ago

Can you prove HE doesn't? 

Provide a book with as many "fulfilled" prophecies as the Bible (II Timothy 3:16 says "All Scripture is "inspired by GOD...") written BEFORE Bible!  Who could have done this BUT GOD!   

If one cannot, their analogy "fails!"

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image29
      bradmasterOCcalposted 23 months agoin reply to this

Read Genesis and explain why it is so vague, ambiguous and only contains human knowledge of the time.
      It couldn't even tell that the Sun was the center, not the Earth.

2. profile image55
      Norine Williamsposted 23 months agoin reply to this

I can't argue with the CREATOR! You waste your time!  You (man) still don't know the thoughts of GOD! 

Where's the book?

3. bradmasterOCcal profile image29
    bradmasterOCcalposted 23 months ago

A God that doesn't appear is not a God at all. Using the tired old logic of you can't prove a negative, doesn't give any meaning to the existence of God, any more than trying to prove or disprove of ET.

1. profile image55

Where's the book?

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image29
      bradmasterOCcalposted 23 months agoin reply to this

???

3. Ericdierker profile image54
      Ericdierkerposted 23 months agoin reply to this

Interesting -- the question poses "Can you prove God exists?" and Brad you answer it because you do not think God exists. Not even close to answering the question, just an opportunity to attack belief in God. What motivates you?

4. profile image55

Demonic spirits (aka Satan)!

4. mhel19 profile image53
    mhel19posted 23 months ago

Yes,just look around and see His wonderful creations! Example of which,us,human...our senses,our ability to create,to reason out is made by a powerful Being and that is God!  Visit JW.ORG to know more or follow the link
    https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/q … /#?insight[search_id]=69d52925-06f8-4870-af9d-62c2a75c3a17&insight[search_result_index]=0ow

5. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 23 months ago

God sure exist because when i pray to HIM, asked for help, HE answered my prayers.
    We help each other vice versa, we have a cool communication.smile

1. profile image55

Amen!

6. Jacqueline4390 profile image86
    Jacqueline4390posted 23 months ago

I am reminded of something that Evangelist Billy Graham said many years ago. If you lived a good life and there is no God; then you have just lived a good life. But if you lived an evil life and there IS a God then you are in big trouble. No one has ever questioned the existence of wind. You can’t see wind but you can feel it and you can see the results of it. And, the same is true with God. No, you can’t see Him but you can feel Him and you can see the results of Him in the lives of believers. The important thing is that He is real to me and to everyone that believes. This is a Faith thing. The only thing I can say to those who don’t believe is that when you die—you will find out, won’t you.

1. profile image55

We sure will!  And is sure is "A Faith Thing!" 
      Love your picture!

7. bdn9385 profile image70
    bdn9385posted 23 months ago

I just tried to prove it but only part 1 is published. Parts 2 and 3 is currently on review. Thanks smile

http://hubpages.com/politics/The-maps-of-the-world...

1. profile image55

YOU ARE TELLING TRUTH! 

THEY SHOULD LISTEN!

2. bdn9385 profile image70
      bdn9385posted 23 months agoin reply to this

You have not read the part 2 and 3 yet. Wait for it! Lol

8. Stella Kaye profile image90
    Stella Kayeposted 23 months ago

You can't prove God exists and you can't prove he doesn't.That's the reality of it. There are plenty of good reasons to argue that God does exist; one of them being that nature, the world and the universe just seem that tiny bit too well organised and thought out to have come into being all on their own. The earth tilts at just the right angle to give us seasons and the moon and sun are at just the right distances away from earth to appear the same size in the sky. The earth is positioned at just the right distance from the sun and the solar system is at just the right position in the galaxy so that life has been able to flourish. While facts like these may serve to strengthen someone's faith, they are still not definite proof of the existence of God.

1. profile image55

I continue to ask "unbelievers"  what GOD asked me to ask them, "IF HE doesn't exist, provide a book with as many "accurate fulfilled prophecies" written BEFORE Bible," and to date NOTHING!

9. Ericdierker profile image54
    Ericdierkerposted 23 months ago

This question calls on us deciding what is proof and what is not. There are some really smart people that make the rules of evidence in the Federal Court system. It is fascinating and intricate. You could look at some stuff here:  https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=c … r+evidence
    What really seems to get atheists is testimony. There can be no perfect eyewitness account of anything - because of perspective. Testimony from a person who swears that they have seen God is proof of God. It may not be very believable but that is what juries are used for. For instance Civil Matters and Criminal Matters have different standards of proof. (OJ Simpson trials illustrated that point)
    There is an error with some folks thinking about this and wanting proof of God to be a scientific thing. It just is not it is a social and human thing. So we look toward laws of man rather than of science.
    Just my testimony could be enough to meet the test of "more probable than not" and thereby socially prove that God exists.

working