Why do Liberals like Pope Francis? Please read rest of question.
I want you to list ten things Pope Francis has done or said of which you approve. Or as many as you can think of.
Ten things I like about the First Pope that I have ever liked:
1. He is Humble
2. He dressed all in White - no pompous dress code unlike many other priests, cardinals, etc.
3. His concern for the poor.
4. The name he chose: St. Francis, in honor of Saint Francis of Assisi.
5. He speaks against consumerism and he is well aware (talks about it as well) of how humans are affecting this planet/environment.
6. He is doing his best to try to connect with the Orthodox branch of Christianity (I appreciate that being baptized as a Greek-Orthodox myself).
7.He met just this spring with the Patriarch of Moscow in Cuba - building bridges and working towards Unity as supposed to creating division.
8. He is the first Jesuit Pope and he is less formal: more consistency and less facade.
9. He is also known to have spoken for the importance of women in the Roman Catholic Church - nothing easy here if we look at the history of this institution.
10. Lastly but very important, he is trying to clean-up the corruption within the Vatican - this is so very necessary.
May the Great Spirit walk with him.
by Maggie Bennett 4 years ago
If you could Ask Pope Francis I anything today what would it be?
by Kenneth C Agudo 4 years ago
Do you think pope francis must allow priest to get married now?If you are not familiar with this social issue, you might consider checking it out. Do you think priest should get married too without breaking their vow of celibacy? Lately, a group of Italian ladies have sent letters to Pope Francis...
by New Understanding 5 years ago
Do you think Pope Francis will bring people back to the Catholic faith?
by Mark Johann 3 years ago
We all know that in humility, peace flourish. Catholic forum only, please. For none Catholics who want to join our forum, please don't be harsh if you want to share your views. Thank you.
by LauraGT 5 years ago
Pope Francis' statement today about gay people: "If a person is gay and seeks God and has good will, who am I to judge them?" is not revolutionary, but certainly strikes a new tone. Even without any official change in church doctrine, do you think this new attitude from the pope...
by Demas W Jasper 2 years ago
Can Pope Francis excite a religious revival in America?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|