jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Why do Liberals like Pope Francis? Please read rest of question.

1. profile image0
    LoliHeyposted 23 months ago

Why do Liberals like Pope Francis?  Please read rest of question.

I want you to list ten things Pope Francis has done or said of which you approve.  Or as many as you can think of.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13067513_f260.jpg

2. Mr. Happy profile image84
    Mr. Happyposted 23 months ago

Ten things I like about the First Pope that I have ever liked:
    1. He is Humble
    2. He dressed all in White - no pompous dress code unlike many other priests, cardinals, etc.
    3. His concern for the poor.
    4. The name he chose: St. Francis, in honor of Saint Francis of Assisi.
    5. He speaks against consumerism and he is well aware (talks about it as well) of how humans are affecting this planet/environment.
    6. He is doing his best to try to connect with the Orthodox branch of Christianity (I appreciate that being baptized as a Greek-Orthodox myself).
    7.He met just this spring with the Patriarch of Moscow in Cuba - building bridges and working towards Unity as supposed to creating division.
    8. He is the first Jesuit Pope and he is less formal: more consistency and less facade.
    9. He is also known to have spoken for the importance of women in the Roman Catholic Church - nothing easy here if we look at the history of this institution.
    10. Lastly but very important, he is trying to clean-up the corruption within the Vatican - this is so very necessary.

May the Great Spirit walk with him.

1. Ericdierker profile image55
      Ericdierkerposted 23 months agoin reply to this

That is a very cool list.

2. Dont Taze Me Bro profile image60
      Dont Taze Me Broposted 23 months agoin reply to this

Quite a list!

working