jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

How do you know that demons are real? Ask Lorraine Warren.

1. Shontrice Rean profile image61
    Shontrice Reanposted 19 months ago

How do you know that demons are real? Ask Lorraine Warren.

There are many different things on demonology, evil spirits, etc but who knows for sure that they exist?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13186440_f260.jpg

2. WiccanSage profile image95
    WiccanSageposted 19 months ago

I have a hard time believing the Warrens. I don't know if they were outright frauds or if they just had really over-active imaginations, but I don't believe in the kind of horror fiction-esque stuff that they claimed to have encountered.

And I'm not without occult experience (practicing Witchcraft for 25 years).  So it's not a matter of me not having an open mind, or of me being a super-skeptic or anything. It's a matter of I just have not seen it and I believe a lot of it is just people's imaginations working overtime due to fear of the unknown and scary stories programmed in their brains.

1. Shontrice Rean profile image61
      Shontrice Reanposted 19 months agoin reply to this

I became interested in their work after watching the movie Conjuring 2. I did not know that they were real people from the 1st one. I like the belief in Faith to defeat the demons, however I did not find too many accounts where they defeated any.

2. WiccanSage profile image95
      WiccanSageposted 19 months agoin reply to this

I've never actually watched the Conjuring movies, but I've been reading about the Warrens and watching interviews about them since they were involved with the Amityville case in the 1970s. They make a lot of $ off the 'good vs. evil' hype.

working