jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Can destiny be changed or delayed?

1. vikthorakhuejnr profile image59
    vikthorakhuejnrposted 19 months ago

Can destiny be changed or delayed?

They say destiny cannot be changed,it can only be delayed, right?...Now the question is..if someone dies a poor man,or dies through an accident...does that mean that was his/her destiny?...Your opinion and contributions are highly welcomed.

2. WiccanSage profile image95
    WiccanSageposted 19 months ago

I don't believe in destiny, I believe we have free will, and that it's all interplayed with other peoples' free will, as well as a dash of circumstance and 'stuff happens.'

I think if someone dies poor, or through an accident, it's not because the universe was aligned to make it happen. It's a combination of causes, and the circumstances of death are merely their combined effect.

If there were such a thing as destiny, why even bother making plans or choices? Just coast along and let stuff happen... personally, I found that doing that in my life resulted in not very nice stuff happening. When I took the reigns, I was better able to control the outcome. If there was such a thing as destiny, it wouldn't really matter what we did.

3. manatita44 profile image84
    manatita44posted 19 months ago

No, not necessarily. But yes, we all come here with so called Destiny or Fate. Look up the Law of Karma. We reap what we sow. Every cause produces an effect and every action will produce a reaction. This is how universal laws works. No one escapes.

I have gone through this is great detail. It can only be understood from the standpoint of reincarnation - the evolution of the Soul from form to form, each a higher stage usually, until it is freed from the wheel of birth and death.

Grace is a very powerful word. It is the Compassion of the Supreme...the Absolute or God. This can intervene on behalf of the aspiring Soul, either through God Itself, or through the intervention of a God-realised Master, an Advocate of God.

Generally, Grace and self-effort go together. Ultimately, ALL is really an act of Grace, but this is a higher teaching. Suffice it to say that Karma (destiny) is 90% binding and if it be the Will of the Master or the Supreme, some things can not only be changed but wiped off completely. One needs to have an unchanging or indomitable will, an aspiring Heart and the Compassion of ALLAH or God. Hope this helps.

Other things can also influence Karma, and it need not necessarily be a fault of the individual. Write if you need more explanations.

1. WiccanSage profile image95
      WiccanSageposted 19 months agoin reply to this

Isn't reaping what you sow the opposite of destiny, which implies the outcome has already been decided for you before you could choose an action?

2. manatita44 profile image84
      manatita44posted 19 months agoin reply to this

Karma is neither good nor bad. The farmer tills the soil, plants the seeds, gets the right rain, compost, sunlight ... and have a bumper harvest (Karma). We are the sum total of our Karma. Some call this destiny or fate.

3. WiccanSage profile image95
      WiccanSageposted 19 months agoin reply to this

I understand karma is neither good nor bad. I just don't think of it as equivalent to our destiny being determined for us. Karma seems more about the results of our actions rather than destiny. But I guess it depends on how you define destiny.

4. manatita44 profile image84

Fate or Destiny is the sum total of where we are, reaping what we have sown from this life and past lives. (Prarabda Karma).Accumulated acts, both from past and present, but not yet sown. (Sanchita Karma) Generally the Eastern term is more precise.

4. vikthorakhuejnr profile image59
    vikthorakhuejnrposted 19 months ago

i really support both answers....thanks for enlightening me about the issue...

1. manatita44 profile image84

Thanks Victor. As an afterthought. We have no 'free will.' What we have is 'limited freedom.' God pulls us back when we have gone too far. All the God-men that I respect say this.

5. Reluctant Revival profile image66
    Reluctant Revivalposted 19 months ago

Destiny can be changed or delayed as long as it fits in with God's plan for mankind.

1. manatita44 profile image84

Yes...yes... Nothing is fixed. This is a transcending world and God is most certainly not static!.. The Creator is not bound by His plans.

working