jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Isaiah 49:15

1. blessedp profile image80
    blessedpposted 17 months ago

Isaiah 49:15

Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? Yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.

2. profile image58
    Norine Williamsposted 17 months ago

When reading the Bible, please take into consideration the verses before and after. 

Isaiah 49:14 "But Zion said, The LORD hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me.

Isaiah 49:15 "Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.

Isaiah 49:16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me." 

GOD is saying to Zion, it may feel like I've left you and although a woman has compassion on the child she bore; and may forget, GOD never forgets us for HE has each of us in mind continually!

I told you guys HE carries a picture of me in HIS wallet. lol!

Blessings

1. blessedp profile image80
      blessedpposted 17 months agoin reply to this

Thanks for your response Norine.  I do take into consideration when reading the Bible the verses before.

My interpretation of the verse is the same as you have stated. When a woman can forget a child of her womb. Our Lord God will never forget us.

2. profile image58
      Norine Williamsposted 17 months agoin reply to this

Amen!

NEVER!

Blessings

working