jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Do you think we are living in the...............END TIMES?

1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 14 months ago

Do you think we are living in the...............END TIMES?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12062193_f260.jpg

2. Snakesmum profile image81
    Snakesmumposted 14 months ago

Not at all.   The End Times are basically a Christian concept, and there are many other religions who do not have this idea of the end of the world.   Also Atheists and Agnostics do not have this belief.
    The end of the world will happen when the sun begins to die, or we kill the planet, whichever comes first.   This is not connected to the End Times belief.

1. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 14 months agoin reply to this

Of course, the world isn't going to end in a BILLION years.  However, there are some who believe in apocalyptic scenarios.  It is so unreal.  Thank you for your intelligent response.  I totally agree.

3. tamarawilhite profile image92
    tamarawilhiteposted 14 months ago

No. We keep recycling that idea and we need to give it up for a couple hundred million years. When we're losing our water like Mars, then we can go back to it.

4. Ken Burgess profile image90
    Ken Burgessposted 14 months ago

No but we are nearing a time of massive change and turmoil.

The advances being made in computers, nano-technology, genetics, etc. ... everything they are working on today... is stuff that was sci-fi movie material ten years ago.

Genetically Superior humans will be created, computers that have the capacity of the human brain, will be able to be integrated into the brain, and will be the size of a pea (or smaller), etc. etc.

So much in todays world will be as obsolete as the horse and buggy is today, in just a decade or less.

In that sense, I guess it is end times... but not in the 'end of the world' we will all be wiped out sense.  Unless of course Skynet comes into being.

5. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 14 months ago

Personally, I would get rid of the 'we'. Some are living in the end times because they see 'their' signs. For instance, one aged eighty may feel they are in their end times. I know not what was meant by the question. But, the point is it is perspective. As far as Biblical end times for 'man' seen with prophecy to me that began with the crucifixion.

working