jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

You ever wonder where all these different religions came from?

1. Neshane profile image61
    Neshaneposted 12 months ago

You ever wonder where all these different religions came from?

2. Kathleen Cochran profile image81
    Kathleen Cochranposted 12 months ago

I wrote a hub on this issue myself (Is there only one way to God?).  It seems to me that the different religions have come from people wanting to set their own standards for what is required to please God.  My premise is that God will allow you to set your own standards.  The problem is that no one is capable of meeting them.

3. cheaptrick profile image72
    cheaptrickposted 12 months ago

That's because no two definitions of 'God' exist...even within the same religion and denomination.I never understood how people could debate God without establishing a Definition first.It's like saying 'My apples are superior to your oranges'!Atheists argue 'You haven't even proven there's a Tree yet'!...and everybody keeps quoting Rodney King:"Cant we all just get along" without giving him credit!

4. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 12 months ago

Not really.
    I imagine if there ever was "one religion" people gradually developed different beliefs or interpretations and decided to breakoff and start their own denomination or religion.
    In other instances it may have been a falling out between religious leaders. One person wants to be the leader and can't if he/she stays in that group. This happens in the business world.
    I believe God made man and man made religion!
    Religion in many ways was used as a form of government to control society behavior. It established a hierarchy of power.

working