What does it feel like to be close to death?

1. livewirez profile image72
    livewirezposted 10 months ago

What does it feel like to be close to death?

When I encountered an accident and bump my head on the floor so hard, a total blackout of course and when I woke up I was in the hospital already. Luckily it's not yet my time.

It got me thinking. How about those sick person in the Hospital.

When they're on the edge of death, fading out, is it peace? Is it agony? Sure, the cause of death matters, but I'm talking about just laying in your death bed.

What is your experience?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13568236_f260.jpg

2. Jeremy Gill profile image96
    Jeremy Gillposted 10 months ago

Hi Rommel! I myself am not there yet, but I've extensively researched death, and used to work in a hospital.

Some patients feel almost no pain, but many experience a significant amount in their last few days. Thankfully, this can be reduced with medicine, but several are too stubborn or embarrassed to ask for it, so some end up having an unpleasant death.

That said, many are visited by angels or deceased love ones, who typically help beckon them into the afterlife. These patients almost unanimously report feelings of contentedness and peace, and so I'd say most die in relative comfort.

Hearing is the last sense to go, so it's always nice to continue talking to dying patients even when they can no longer see or move, offering further support.

3. Oztinato profile image72
    Oztinatoposted 10 months ago

I have been close to death several times in my life. I have been on my death bed and could feel my life slipping away.
    When I wasn't spiritually ready it was truly frightening but at another time when I was more prepared it was awe inspiring and revelatory.
    I saw my father dying too early from cancer and he wasn't spiritually prepared and had a bad death.  My mother lived to be very elderly and was prepared for death. She was obviously wiser and happier than I ever saw her. She was full of love and forgiveness: hugging people, bringing comfort and laughter. I watched as all the bad died off slowly and all the good in her flowered brilliantly.

working