jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Do you believe that celebrating Halloween is okay?

1. AF Mind profile image55
    AF Mindposted 4 months ago

Do you believe that celebrating Halloween is okay?

I am planning on writing an article within the next couple of weeks regarding this day, so I wanted to get opinions from Christians as to what they think. Me personally I do not. The only holidays I believe in is the feasts and Sabbaths (though I am not a Jew), plus I believe that they're pagan in origin and should be avoided. Please be civil in discussion. Peace on you all.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13744923_f260.jpg

2. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 4 months ago

I am a Christian but do not celebrate Halloween because my country does not observe this festival and it is a taboo to the muslims. So, I don't mind since my other friends whoa re Christians do not celebrate it either.

3. nochance profile image92
    nochanceposted 4 months ago

Nearly all the Christian holidays have been borrowed from the pagans. Also pagan just means anyone who was not Christian, Muslim, or Jewish.

https://www.ucg.org/vertical-thought/pa … ristianity

1. celafoe profile image63
      celafoeposted 4 months agoin reply to this

you are talking about, holidays of  churches of man, the church system.  True disciples of Christ celebrate only and all that Christ said,  His body and His blood are the only celebration.  today church members are called Christians and most are not

2. AF Mind profile image55
      AF Mindposted 4 months agoin reply to this

That's my point.. Not once do we see so much as a recommendation to celebrate these days in scripture.

3. celafoe profile image63

af great go for it

4. manatita44 profile image83
    manatita44posted 4 months ago

The only o.k in life is a Silence- Heart and a Purity-Soul ... a life of Self-discovery or God-mastery. Everything else can be taken lightly.

Now read carefully, as I may seem to contradict myself. God is the Universe and the Universe is God. There is nothing outside the Divine and as such there is nothing without purpose.

The kids going around asking for 'a penny for the guy', get a small thrill from this, as well as the firecrackers. Some humans also like the story or let's say, can learn from it. I write mostly spiritual poetry, but I sometimes see others reciting very depressive or negative stuff, which is excellent to some. One likes a rose and another a tulip.

Variety and diversity is a part of the plan. So no, I would not write about Halloween, even while conscious that there are those who would. Start from where you are. Know your own consciousness and consequently your aims, then act accordingly.

1. celafoe profile image63

M-not one word of this un-Godly rant could be spoken by a true disciple of Christ   WE profess to be christian but your words show a horrible mixture of belief in false gods.   scripture says you are unstable in ALL your ways

working