Esther

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (31 posts)
  1. Miebakagh57 profile image68
    Miebakagh57posted 2 years ago

Today falls on the day christians called Esther. That was when the Lord Jesus Christ was raised from the dead.                  No doubt about that  Jesus was actually raised from the dead by the Holy Spirit. Though this fact is being challenge in some quarters. What d'you think? Have you any doubts as a christian or otherwise?

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image76
      Kathryn L Hillposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Why did you misspell Easter?
      Also, Jesus raised himself from the dead. He was in touch with the Holy Spirit and could direct his energy to do so. One could say authoritatively what actually took place at the moment of his release from the body, as it hung on the cross, but who can say for sure? Does it say in the Bible? No.

So then, no one can say with any authority in regards to how he resurrected himself. One can assume whatever one wants, based on the research, conjecture, opinions and fantasies of other minds, but I really do not think it can be explained, whether it happed or not and/or how it happened. Therefore, this question is too deep to be answered here or anywhere. Now, it is a private matter whether one wants to believe in the Bible or not ... so no need to discuss.
      But thank you, any way.
      ... and as you always add.
      You're welcome.
      smile

Miebakagh57posted 2 years agoin reply to this

I'm so sorry for the typo on Easter, which I mispell Esther.                                    Actually, I was editing a new story on my desktop, and it happen the system is not responding.                                     So, I took my small TECNO T528 and hit the key-strokes for the thread. Really, my mind's working both ways at the desktop and the phone. When I noted the mistake, I know it's a major.                                     Now, back to the ressurection. Yes, it's a private affair. But it can also be public. Jesus, he himself said many will doubt it. And, it all starts from his big circle of friends.                                        The import is that, that  Jesus ressurects from the dead is everyone's business.

Kathryn L Hillposted 2 years agoin reply to this

No it's not. If many wish to believe it, its a mere consequence of freedom of religious belief.

End of story.

... and whether it is a good influence or not can be determined by the success of a society or civilization.
          Personally, I think believing in The Bible and applying it's precepts is a good influence.

It's a matter of luck, however in the case that many people pick it up and run with it.
          If few people do, well, thats yet to be seen. Jesus' influence has been pervasive and widespread.

1. profile image0
            savvydatingposted 24 months agoin reply to this

This is a forum. M. or anyone has the right to discuss Jesus and the resurrection. It is not for you to say what he can discuss.

Miebakagh57posted 24 months agoin reply to this

All is okay. No offense whatsoever.

2. profile image0

No, I have no doubts. His followers would not have been imprisoned, tortured, thrown to lions, killed, or taunted if they did not believe that Jesus rose again.
      Most people do not know that the Bible meets the criteria of authenticity and is the most reliable source of information regarding Jesus of Nazareth. Even skeptical scholars know this, though they have a bad habit of using 2nd & 3rd-century material to skew facts.
      Archeologists know the Bible is accurate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIwV__gW5v4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpedNxgtJRU

1. Stephen Tomkinson profile image92
        Stephen Tomkinsonposted 24 months agoin reply to this

Hi. Savvydating. When you say that "archaeologists know the Bible is accurate" what do you mean? Which parts of it?

1. profile image0

Hi Stephen,

Good question. Long story short, Biblical archeologists today are well versed in ancient Middle Eastern topography and biblical history which includes context pertaining to 1st Century culture and literature. Serious archeologists have a Master’s degree, at the least, but are always encouraged to obtain a Ph.D. The point is that they are experts in Near Eastern landscapes.

When digging for evidence pertaining to Biblical history, archeologists have consistently found that the Bible (which supplies a plethora of information about 1st Century Judea) has led them to findings that authenticate Biblical narratives.

Keep in mind that there are some modern scholars who have never visited Israel, yet who form worrisome opinions (not based on hard data) nevertheless.

To answer your question, the Bible is a conglomeration of manuscripts that have proved to be highly accurate. Some scholars get hung up on something called errancy. I would be happy to expound upon this matter further if you like. In fact, I wrote an article about it.

I supplied two links above if you care to take a look at them.

Long story accurately short to the point.

2. profile image0

You asked which books. The books archeologists use to uncover Biblical truths pertaining to Jesus of Nazareth are Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and Acts. They also use writings from Josephus, the historian.  They have found those six authors (sources) to be reliable.

3. Miebakagh57 profile image68

Hey Stephen, did you doubt the accuracy of the Bible?

2. Miebakagh57 profile image68

Thank you. Archeology provide most of the authenticating evidence  per the accuracy of the Bible.                                                      But I can't understand your words that Jesus 'rose again.' Did he died a second time? I had not infer that.

1. profile image0

My mistake. He rose from the dead one time. It made no sense for me to use the word “again.” I may have been slightly distracted.

You're welcome. It's this type of mistakes that me and you made that  many think the Bible cannot be accurate.                                       Even the translators of the KJV has render they mistakes of grammar in the word of God. Yet, these are pious and devoted men. God does not goes to beat every head no matter the mistake as 4t does mt destroy the way, the truth, and the life. We're human beings still at his mercy.

1. profile image0

Yes, indeed.

You're welcome.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image76
              Kathryn L Hillposted 24 months agoin reply to this

"It's these type of mistakes, that you and I have made, that cause many to  doubt the accuracy of the Bible. Even the translators of the KJV made mistakes in grammar when writing down the word of God in English,
              (translated from Greek.) However, they were pious and devoted men (with good intentions,) and God did not punish them, for their mistakes... as the mistakes did not destroy the way, the truth, and the life. They were, after all, human beings." He showed them mercy.

Miebakagh57, edited.

After the books of the New Testament were written down in Greek, many years after Jesus passed, they were translated into English. One can imagine that it was not an easy task to translate them from Greek to English.

One can also comprehend that many things were left out; these things being esoteric truths taught by Jesus to his disciples. What was allowed to exist was further decided by King Constantine, who threw out many of the writings of the New Testament. Additionally, many declare that the Essene Dead Sea Scrolls, written by witnesses of the time, contain additional esoteric truths not included in the Bible. Therefore, it is possible that there is a problem in this world with accurate interpretation of the New Testament of the Bible.

However, this is just my conclusion, and I would never try to convince others of its validity.

You're good to go...keep to your convictions.                                      However, what is not known is that not all the 'dead sea scrows' were rescued!                                Archeologists are still digging, right?                                                  Now, about those scripts that are left out from translation, you and me should have no wories. 'By me, kings rule and princes decree justice' says the Creator.                                 He'll held those rulers account. So why worry?

We should not be held accountable for our ignorance?  Actually, I have discovered that God loves and God hates. It says in the Bible, it is okay to hate the sin, but not the sinner. I always thought hate was a no no. Also, anger is okay too, if directed appropriately, For instance, feel the anger, but do not act on it. Console yourself in some manner without resorting to the temptation of, say, taking revenge or going berserk. I learned this recently from the Old Testament.

We ourselves benefit from educating ourselves and removing ignorance.
                    God forgives us when we make mistakes and he loves us so much when we stop making them. He will punish those who are haughty and wicked, doing their own thing with no thought of others. He has to. He does not want us, mankind, to be satisfied with false joy. Also, He needs to establish justice in the world.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image76

He rose from a dead body. The spirit does not die.
            His spirit left his body and then he re-manifested his physical and apparently solid body.
            Is that ability not truly remarkable?

It is actually difficult to understand, therefore believe how he could have done it!

Blind faith vs scientific understanding is really what would be interesting here.

2. Pamela99 profile image89
    Pamela99posted 24 months ago

It is easy to have a type, so pointing out that Miebakagh misspelled Easter was not very nice. I believe the Bible. If we act in love we do not attack others for their errors.

The deciples believed Jesus rose from the dead, and I believe it too. I think Savydating is exactly right.

1. profile image0

I think that you and M are very kind and loving Christians. I have a long way to go. Lol.

2. Miebakagh57 profile image68

You're okay. But I think that words that sounds similar in meaning can sometimes give us a let  down...

3. Kathryn L Hill profile image76
    Kathryn L Hillposted 24 months ago

I do not believe pearls should be thrown about randomly and lightly.
    What is the point of discussing our private beliefs?
    Just to have them shot down?
    doubted and argued?
    It does not help to talk religion in public forums.
    It only attracts naysayers.

The Way I See It

Kathryn, religion should not be a private believe.                                      Had then that be the case, why then is the resurrection public?

... to feed the "sheep", or followers of Christ, truth and reality.

Sheep refers to individuals who wish to believe in Jesus and the words of The Bible ...

Why do you harp on the word, "public"?
        Group think? No.

Indy think.

Thank you. You've amplify the word public clear to me.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)