A believe-it-or-not story

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (109 posts)
  1. thirdmillenium profile image60
    thirdmilleniumposted 14 years ago

Hello my fellow hubbers. Following is absolutely true. You may or may not believe it. This really happened. What else could I do but believe in God? Sorry about the long narrative

Thanks for reading
    ;;;;
    I used to flaunt my agnostic credentials though in private I was not an absolute nonbeliever and had my doubts. There were many unexplained things which could only have been some external agencies' doing. On the other hand, how could you accept illogical explanations with just faith as a convenient prop? How could Jesus have brought Lazarus back from beyond? More importantly, why single Lazarus out? What is so special about Lazarus that he deserved to be accorded this special treatment?

On a different level, any number of faith-healing related stories floated about all around. And, to add to the chaos, indulgent and complaisant stories abounded about UFOs, ESP and clairvoyance . Umpteen other occult-like phenomena were making their rounds. When you seriously thought about it all, it was all so mind-numbing that you just wished that you had left them alone and minded your business. I spent hours and hours everyday delving deep into books, plain and esoteric. Obscure literature was fished out of both ordinary and unlikely sources.

That is when something happened that turned my world upside down. Without any effort on anybody's part, I was transformed into a believer. My all-knowing postures dissipated into nothingness and I was humbled into submission. This is what happened.

My wife, a good woman of faith, in spite of my occasional barb (though not uttered with absolute malice), loved me immensely and chose not to take my adverse comments about religion to heart. Her attempts to bring about a change in me more in line with her beliefs failed all the time.

One morning, she felt a pain just above her right breast and when we ran our hands over the area we could feel a rather large lump inside. We looked at each other with apprehension and a prompt visit to our small-town physician, sympathetic but not one given to delicate manners, having been an army man all his life, resulted in his telling us bluntly that it could possibly be a malignant tumor. We were still sitting dazed when he contacted an oncologist friend of his and fixed an appointment for next morning.

Gloom understandably descended our lair and sleep was hard to come by that night. I lay on my bed with my wife praying on the floor by the bed. For once, I found myself wondering if her prayers would be heard by some one somewhere at all and whether Jesus would answer her prayers. Last I saw, my wife was murmuring her prayers with tears flowing down on her cheeks. I was so miserable, I was close to crying myself. I must have drifted off to sleep some time around 3am.

I woke up with a start and found my wife looking down at me. The smile on her face was as radiant as the morning Sun outside and it immediately dawned on me that something has happened to make her smile so wantonly, given the circumstances. She silently took my hand and put it on the area where the lump had been.

I sat up with a jerk and ran my hand over and over again but the lump simply was not there! I looked at my still smiling wife in incomprehension. She asked me" Do you believe now?" I realized she was talking about believing Jesus. I looked straight at her without blinking and said "Yes, I believe now".

"What do you believe?" She continued.

In answer to that, I got up and knelt beside the bed and started thanking God. The doctors were amazed but still carried out the tests. They found no evidence of the tumor ever having been there! My wife told me that she had not slept a wink the previous night and was praying throughout.

Was it cancer that my wife had? Had it not been, why did it have to disappear in a night of prayers? It did not dissolve gradually. It just vanished! As far as I am concerned, it was a carcinogenic tumor. Had it been simply a pus formation, it had no business disappearing. It would just have caused immense pain and would heal one way or the other in course of time. It is not life-threatening. Cancer is. It had all the reasons to disappear. And, it did. How did it disappear? Some one had to make it disappear.. So, why couldn't it have been God, in the absence of any evidence pointing to any other entity having done it? There was no conflict of interest here.

I found the transition to a believer smooth and without any hiccups. It was so natural that I never felt odd that I was now propagating something completely incompatible with my previous stand. And. I thank God for that!

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Do not pay any attention to the nay-sayers. They do not know what they are talking about. They are blind and will lead others blindly. They would love to take away your sight. Do not let them.

Praise God for the healing of your wife and your healing also. For you can now see and are no longer blind.

1. GoGranny profile image59
        GoGrannyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Believing in God works for those people who choose to do so, and it helps them to manage living in these difficult times. When Christians express the feelings and experiences that support their faith they are speaking from their hearts. There is no reason they need to be treated as stupid people for their beliefs. To each his own. Those of you who insist on trying to avert Christians by calling them names and challenging their intellect are only providing supporting evidence to why they have faith in God and not YOU!

1. profile image53
          (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is a telling statement, one that demonstrates the nature of religious thought process and why it only serves to further divide, conquer and debase mankind and your fellow man.

Even with the simple innocuous act of challenging the intellect will the religious openly defy you in favor of their doctrines and their god.

They will not only defy, they would even die for their doctrines and their god before giving consideration for mankind or their fellow man, or to extreme, even kill.

In essence, the religious give no thought or consideration for the future and development of mankind whatsoever, removing all responsibility from their shoulders in this regard and transferring it to the will and whim of their gods.

It is a travesty of global proportions, one that will never see a united and responsible mankind that serves only mankind, ever.

I totally agree with your last statement. That is why I believe that bickering about who is right and who is wrong is pointless. It is a matter of having respect for the right to believe in God, the right not to, and the right to be indifferent. It is a waste of time and energy to try to prove or disprove someone's belief. No one should be so overzealous in their efforts to prove the right or wrong so that it creates animosity. That only leads to hate, and no sane person wants to be subject to hate. Sane being the operative word.

1. profile image53

No, it isn't. We as humans have no right to throw out our responsibility as stewards of our world in favor of the myths and superstitions of the Bronze Age.

We have no right to divide ourselves in order to give favor to those myths and superstitions.

We have no right to debase humans as loathsome creatures to be propped up with ancient ideals of sin and hate.

We have no right to embrace those ancient myths and superstitions to the point of accusing and convicting anyone who doesn't share your beliefs to an eternity of hellfire.

No, that cannot be respected or ever will.

And no one is convicting or debasing more than the nay-sayers. This man's story was written from his heart. So what you don't believe it. What crime has he committed? He is not asking YOU to convert, he simply wanted to share his story...Believe it or Not!

2. aguasilver profile image70
                aguasilverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Who decides what 'right's we do or do not have?

1. earnestshub profile image80
                  earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well it ain't the sky fairy! lol

1. aguasilver profile image70

So who is it, telling me who YOU think it isn't makes for no answer... tell me who it is?

2. profile image53

We do, humans.

2. getitrite profile image72
              getitriteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What you are saying is that you are not going to listen to reason when it comes to your belief in a God that even you would find nonsensical if you were not biased.  And we are to keep silent about a fallacy of such great proportion?  Understand, it is your delusional religion, and not you, that is being attacked.

But why attack the religion? What difference does it make in YOUR life that someone else believes in God? Hey trust me, I am no holy-roller! I come from a long line of Christian followers and I have my own struggles with it...my 3 sisters (an evangelist, a bishop's wife, and a deaconess) and I have had many discussions about God and 'no' I am not saved yet. But I am interested in the concept primarily because of my personal desire to be. I join in these forum topics to see what others are saying...and when I see comments such as yours and Q's it just annoys me that Christians are degraded only because they believe in God. Not because they are haters, or criminals, or ignorant, only because of their belief. Everyone has a right to their opinion and beliefs...no one has a right to dissuade a person from their belief. You say "listen to reason"...what on earth makes you think you have the all-knowing answer? I just think it is unfair for you guys to be hatin' on the Christians just because they choose to believe in God.

1. tantrum profile image60
                  tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's not becuase they choose to believe in God.
                  It's because the arrogance of believing they're the only ones 'saved' ! LOLOL!!
                  Saved from what ???
                  Pleeeaassee !!

Oh, geez!

Yes! Geezzzz !!!

lol lol
                      Children of God !

Like children they believe.

The only way to believe in that kind of Big Fatherly God LOL

2. GoGranny profile image59

Oh, and compared to my sisters - interacting with you guys is a piece of cake!  smile

3. profile image53

Because THAT religion and THOSE beliefs affect MY life and the WORLD around us NEGATIVELY.

1. Faybe Bay profile image64
                    Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry Q, I have to say, it only affects you because you allow it to. I walk away from a fight if I don't want to fight, yet here you are, boosting a three day old thread that would fall to the back pages if you just walk away.

If you have so much animosity that you repeatedly must boost the argument contributing to keeping it in the top of the stack, well it is you, allowing it to bother you. Not any Christians trying to change you. Take responsibility for your own actions.

Thank you Faybe Bay...you put the intended message of my posts in a much better nutshell.

2. aguasilver profile image70

Absolutely correct, I never think of these guys until it's time for my regular forum visit to keep the score up!

BTW sorry 'Q' I forgot to mention you in my hub about '10 tips for dealing with atheists in the forums' - somehow your negativity blanked you from my mind when I wrote it.

John

3. profile image53

Sorry, but religions do affect my life in negative ways, which I'm sure you're not aware since you're a believer yourself. And, they do so without my permission.

I have no reason to walk away from those who are hell bent on destroying our world.

Really? So, it has nothing at all to do with anyone else but me? It's all my fault?

That's rich considering that's exactly what I do and what believers never do. Quite rich.

2. profile image0
          china manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Let me tell this story.

This guy, who writes in a biblical over-emotional manner (delving deep into books, plain and esoteric), has a wife who wants him to convert to her religion.

One day his wife finds a lump, they go to the doctor for tests then spend the night crying and ‘murmuring her prayers with tears flowing down on her cheeks.’

Next morning the lump has gone and I guess the doc rang later to say there was nothing there also.

So this guy immediately jumped to conclusions, ‘In answer to that, I got up and knelt beside the bed and started thanking God’ and chooses to put it that the docs were ‘amazed’ as they probably were that anyone would go to them with no illness.

But we are to believe that this ‘miraculously’ converted him to god.

NO – I DO NOT BELIEVE IT – this is a made up story written like a chapter from a cheap romance novel, with Romantic era phrasing and outlook typical of preaching Christian levels of literary skills..

1. profile image0

Is it made up like the Doctor telling my wife she would never have any children because she can't get pregnant? Of course for some reason or other, my wife did indeed become pregnant and we now have a 13 year old son.

Now I know the excuse will be, "Doctors make mistakes too." These are the same doctors that everyone trusts no matter what. DO figure how you can trust a man knowing he makes mistakes, and not trusting thew One who never makes a mistake.

I also have something to say to those who are trying to step all over the one who posted the OP. Why do you step all over this man and his trestimony? Have you ever thought about what is so important that you have to put someone down in order to be happy?

1. profile image0

Yes - I thought about this - and carefully looked at the OP and I for one am absolutely certain this is not REAL  -  it is a made up crock of drivel put up by a christian in the most cynical manner. This is in the same category as mutilating yourself to get more money when begging.   I am disgusted by it.

1. profile image0

I went and read the OP again to make sure. He didn't ask for anything from anyone. No begging for money or anything. He thanked God for healing his wife. You don't thank God and that's fine. Why walk all over him in your process of not thanking God?

1. profile image0

No - he has not thanked god for healing his wife - he has made up a cynical story to peddle his beliefs, to try to persuade others that his fiction is fact, he is following exactly in the steps of his bible.

1. Disappearinghead profile image61
                    Disappearingheadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Christians are not prone to making up stories. What purpose would it serve? Do you think we are so stupid as to invent a healing in some vain effort to get you to believe?

Supposed I performed a Jesus stylie miracle for real before your eyes. Would you believe that? No. So it is utterly pointleess to invent one then.

Get a grip of yourself and stop hounding a man in order to make yourself feel better.

1. profile image0

You have to be joking !!   It is all christians ever do !  Make up fictional stories of their lives to cover the hypocrisy of their reality.

The book that is endlessly spouted from is a fiction itself.

Come on down and do it then - perform a miracle, and it is because you can't that you need to make up stories of them to try to justify the fiction that underlies your religion.

I have a perfectly good grip on myself and I am not hounding anyone, just pointing out a blatant lie.

2. profile image0

You are certain that it isn't real, but yet you do not really know do you?

Instead of being happy for him and his wife you are disgusted. Why disgusted? That is one thing I can't seem to get past.

1. Sab Oh profile image56
                  Sab Ohposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He's not really disgusted. He's scared.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
                    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Pope TK.

2. profile image0

I am disgusted that anyone would think it is ok to invent a story to try and pull gullible people into their strange cult.  It is not the story so much as the cynical pretence that it is true.

1. profile image0

Can you prove for a fact that it is made up?

1. profile image0

I can analyse a text - and this one is clearly a written fictional 'story'.  The bible is another.

2. thirdmillenium profile image60
            thirdmilleniumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Your vehemency surprises me and is your personal attack typical of china men? Even so, God will bless you, have no doubt!

China men? smile

2. profile image0

Personal attack ?

I would have thought that China men was a racist remark, and if so should be reported.

1. profile image0

I am not sure of the legal position of reporting a racist comment if I am not the offended race big_smile

Is there a 'plain iggerant' button somewhere ?

right between your eyes

press real hard

2. profile image0
        cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

after i had my son, i nursed him for six months, then he started eating solid food. about a month later, i too noticed a very painful, large lump (in my left breast), and went immediately to my doctor. he scheduled a bunch of scans and xrays and i asked why and he said it could be cancer we just need to rule it out. i wept in the doctor's office and went for my tests the next day and of course, they were simply benign cysts. all that fear and consternation for naught. he said water can also collect in your breasts, causing tenderness. or drinking a lot of caffeine. i never drank any tea or coffee while pregnant or nursing, but as soon as i stopped nursing i went on a caffiene binge, which is probably what caused these cysts, which disappeared altogether after a couple of months.

anyway, those are my thoughts, but i am glad your wife is ok.

2. profile image53
      (Q)posted 14 years ago

Nice story, heart felt and all. But, I can only come to the conclusion that you never developed any critical thinking skills and that you really, really wanted to believe. The scenario with your wife was the reason you were looking for and you decided to go for it. Simple really.

1. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image59
        JYOTI KOTHARIposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree.

3. Lynda Gary profile image60
      Lynda Garyposted 14 years ago

Your love for your wife is apparent, and very endearing.  Nice to hear.

I'm curious:  Did your wife have a follow-up mammogram after this "miracle"?  It's crucial that she does -- if she hasn't alraedy.

I don't want to try to take away from what you and your wife believe.  I would like, however, to offer an alternative possibility: 

A breast lump can seemingly move, making it easy to feel (and sometimes see) at one moment, and then it "disappears" without apparent explanation.  Ob/Gyn's are used to doing a breast exam of their patient and, on not finding anything, hearing the patient say, "But I swear! It was there last night!"  The doctors DO believe the patient because this is common, and so they send them for a mammogram.  Sometimes there IS nothing on film, and sometimes there is.  All of the supposed disappearances are explained by things like blockages in a breast duct (VERY common, and may "break lose" instantaneously with or without pain) No puss or infection, just a blockage for whatever reason.  Etc.

(I wrote a hub on breast cancer & fear: http://hubpages.com/hub/Breast-Lump-Har … eal-killer  which may or may not have something in it that you find interesting.  Thought I'd put the link in since it's on topic. )

1. thirdmillenium profile image60
        thirdmilleniumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh yes, she does all that is necessary. thanks awfully

4. donotfear profile image84
      donotfearposted 14 years ago

Wow. Whatever it was, it's gone now, with no explanation. That's the important thing. It's gone. Amazing and believable. Of course, we know where the Source comes from.

1. profile image53

Wow! You jump to conclusions, with no explanation. Of course, we know where that Source comes from. smile

5. heart4theword profile image59
      heart4thewordposted 14 years ago

What a great story, how God used your wife to reach your heart!  The power of prayer, was very evident to you:)  God's ways, sure are not are ways:)

1. Hokey profile image59
        Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

roll

1. profile image0
          Kenrick Chatmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hokey, I thought Buddhists were taught to be respectful of others' beliefs.

They do! They don't need to include this garbage in their tolerance though! lol

1. h.a.borcich profile image61
              h.a.borcichposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Please do tell what tolerance you believe in. Who is included, excluded. And wouldn't that count as harsh judgement, as harsh as you claim warring scripture is?
              I think I see a glimmer of prejudice that has adamantly been denied previously.
              Holly

1. profile image53

How about those who tell me I'm going to roast for an eternity in hellfire if I don't accept their gods for a start?

Have I ever told you that? Have I ever told you or anyone one else on this forum to believe what and as I do? If this "tolerance" only allows for nonbelieving people then it is not tolerance. It is prejudice.
                  Tolerance as I see the majority of nonbelievers here is a joke. They tolerate nothing, and it looks like prejudice.
                  As far as the claim that christians are full of hate, may I suggest a mirror. Holly

1. profile image0
                    cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hi Holly. i can state unequivocally that Holly is one of the most respectful Christian posters @ HubPages, and has never tried to cram her beliefs down anyone's throat. it bothers me to see people attacking her.

Thank you Cosette smile I am sure that I am not guilty of shoving my beliefs on anyone. I do respond to threads asking for opinions/thoughts honestly though. I don't think it would be fair to expect me to speak falsly or for anyone else. Holly

2. profile image53

No one is attacking Holly. She believes she is being attacked because we attack her beliefs and she takes it personally.

2. profile image53

Just like I have never told you to believe what I believe.

Many have tried to explain to you why your religion is intolerant, but you either fail to understand that or you simply ignore it and continue to complain of others being intolerant.

Since your religion is intolerant, it will not be fondly taken in and accepted by those it is intolerant towards. Simple, really.

2. profile image0

So you have problem with God's Word instead of us?

1. profile image53

It's taken you this long to figure that out, SirDent?

2. profile image0

I thought Buddhists teach themselves with guidance - perhaps this is why they generally know what is what instead of parroting words they do not understand and calling that lack of understanding - mystery.

What a typical 'reject your own religious heritage and idolize the one you know only superficially' attitude!

2. profile image53

God gives someone cancer to reach someone else? Are you brain dead or what?

1. Disappearinghead profile image61
          Disappearingheadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No God does not dish out disease and infirmity. However we we live in a world where we are susceptible to such things. On occasions God will step in and bring a healing knowing that this action will change lives.

1. profile image53

Who does then? God was supposed to have created all things.

What occasions, exactly?

2. profile image0
            Twenty One Daysposted 14 years agoin reply to this

well said, DH.
            sickness/disease is the result of HUMAN fear, consideration, subjection, thinking (consciousness). Even practitioners of medicine (modern mystics) have conceded that 90% of people get sick because of fear.

all things are at mans disposal, but not all things are beneficial to him.

Funny how the intellectual atheist/scientist points the finger at 'god' for sickness, but use His tools in an attempt to cure it.

Oh wait, it's not His planet, man made the planet, sorry, my bad...

The Duality never seizes to amaze me.

6. getitrite profile image72
      getitriteposted 14 years ago

I've had one atheist friend convert because he said he prayed for God to heal his child, and God did.  I had another atheist friend convert, because she went to AA, and was told she needed to believe in a higher power to beat her addiction.  I think they were both tricked, by fear, and weakness.  Fear is a powerful motivator during a time of weakness.

7. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years ago

The advice from Linda on how lumps move or disappear was clear enough. ......... and ignored. smile

Facts are not interesting to some. Faith is ! lol

2. Ron Montgomery profile image61
        Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Linda should beware of lighting bolts and locusts for contradicting the G Man.

lol lol lol

8. Steve 3.0 profile image63
      Steve 3.0posted 14 years ago

If there was no biopsy, isn't there a good chance that it wasn't a cancerous lump?  Not all breast lumps are cancer and they can come and go.

9. profile image0
      china manposted 14 years ago

No - I do not believe it.  Nobody could be so childish as to be able to convince yourself to follow an idea from a simple lucky break.  If it was contagious, the convincing yourself I mean, then everyone would be wasting their lives hallelujahing to the sky

10. Twistyy profile image60
      Twistyyposted 14 years ago

Isnt it amazing how few of the non belivers can even say something as decent as Well I dont believe in God and I dont believe he healed your wife but no matter how it was done I am happy she is ok?  They would rather snort and sneer and make fun of someone for thier beliefs simply because they are to arrogant to see past their own short sighted beliefs.  Most non believers are small minded people caught up in the superficial meanderings of every day life. If they can see it smell it taste it or touch it they dont have the mental capacity to accept the fact that it may still very well be true. Dont waste your time trying to debate with them because its as pointless as putting a scuba tank on a fish. Hold tight to what you now know is the truth and never let any of these poor mindless drones turn you away. May God continue to bless you and your wife.

Oh !!But you're so 'twistyy !!

lol

2. profile image53

May all continue to embrace ignorance, myth and superstition and never let reality get in your way.

3. GoGranny profile image59

That was a good reply Twistyy.
        And Q, if you are really sincere about your statement that means we won't have to worry about anymore of your tirades against believers? Well you have given us permission to continue to believe!! Oh, Thank You!

11. habee profile image91
      habeeposted 14 years ago

Miracles happen all the time. A friend's mother had a virulent type of cancer and was given 6 months to live. She saw numerous specialists, and none offered any hope. The whole community prayed for her, and when she went to her next Dr.'s appt., there wasn't a trace of cancer! None! The doctors couldn't explain it. That was in 2001, and Mrs. C is still with us and doing great.

Another friend had 4 sons. She had desperately wanted a daughter, but after boy #4, she gave up and had her tubes tied. 3 years later, she was pregnant again. Dr. Brown heard about it and called her, saying it wasn't possible, but she was, indeed, expecting #5. It was a girl, and Diane named her Faith Hope.

If you don't wish to believe in miracles or in God, fine. But don't berate those of us who do!

And yes, I am capable of critical thought, and I've had my IQ tested MANY times. Christian does not equal stupid.

1. profile image53

Considering that critical thinking skills and and IQ have nothing to do with one another, you do actually prop up your last statement with your post.

12. Alya rose profile image59
      Alya roseposted 14 years ago

I'm very happy that you wife is ok you must be relieved beyond measure.I wish you two the best.

13. skyfire profile image78
      skyfireposted 14 years ago

Numbers.

More followers in religion better for vatican and other powers to rule under the name of christ and divert the mass. Islamics play the same game of numbers. What was the need for pope to ask for no-condom campaign ? What was the need for priests in kerala(india) to ask women to give birth to more than 2 kids ? Jesus need fresh meat or is it game of ruling the planet with numebrs ? It's about numbers, Christians and islamics are famous for forcing beliefs with fallacies like"appeal to common practice & appeal to popularity". So for that numbers are important.

14. Lynda Gary profile image60
      Lynda Garyposted 14 years ago

It seems that so many of you are missing a big point, including the OP ...

As I stated in my previous post, there are explainable, scientific reasons for why a tumor may or may not disappear.  I've not shared my opinion on the issue of miracles; I've only tried to point out that -- for the sake of this woman's health -- ignoring the reasons as mass will disappear is dangerous.  There COULD be something there that she can't feel.  And it COULD be cancerous.  Without a mammogram and maybe an ultrasound, relying on one's faith to believe the previously palpable mass was "healed" is ignoring the benefits of intelligence that a believer would say is God-given.

If you believe in God, then you believe he gave you intelligence and free will.  You believe he expects you to USE your intelligence.  You believe he made us smart enough to invent the mammogram machine, and that he expects us to use our common sense.

It only follows, then, that God would WANT you to make sure a mammogram / ultrasound supports your belief in what you are calling a miracle.

It's not an issue of believing in God or not.  It's an issue of common sense.

1. brianzen profile image60
        brianzenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree, that would not only would be prudent, but to do otherwise is borderline neglect for the need to feel relief, celebrate after the results.

15. getitrite profile image72
      getitriteposted 14 years ago

Trying to be so clever, but so unaware of reality!
      You have nothing.  Suit up and try again.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)