jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)

"christianity, judaism, islam"..fanaticism is fanaticism!

1. qwark profile image58
    qwarkposted 7 years ago

Here in the USA we have the word god preached and mentioned in ref to so many things.
    In islamic and judaic societies the same goes.
    How is it that we who live in the USA and zealously "praise" this god thing, think that we are not as fanatically involved in "faery tales" as those who zealously praise allah, or reject jesus but accept the concept god in their own way?
    Isn't that a powerful example of ignorance and hypocrisy at its acme?

2. profile image0
    Pack Secureposted 7 years ago

You speak in such generality, I consider that ignorant.  You cannot lump people together as a whole.  You should have phrased it that "some" feel this way.  BTW, this topic has been discussed many times, feel free to join in on the other topics.

1. IntimatEvolution profile image72
      IntimatEvolutionposted 7 years agoin reply to this

See, I'm not the only one thinking the question is just a mess of hodge-podge crap. 

That has to be the most absurd, craziest question asked, here on HubPages.

2. qwark profile image58
      qwarkposted 7 years agoin reply to this

hahaha...Pack.
      Evidently you are a little "obtuse" and can't imagine the "broad" concept as it exists. Relax, take a deep breath, have a cuppa hot chocolate and try to put those 2 frontal lobes to use.
      It'll come to you eventually...I hope...:-)

1. profile image0
        Pack Secureposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You are really narrow minded qwark and your attempt at name calling, fails. 

I am done discussing this topic with you, as you apparently do not have the ability to be civil.

1. qwark profile image58

Pck:
          No problem at all...thanks for at least trying....:-)

3. IntimatEvolution profile image72
    IntimatEvolutionposted 7 years ago

Doesn't your first question just play "ring-around-the-rosey" with itself?

Yeah, it does.

So what are you really trying to ask Q?

1. qwark profile image58

Inimat:
      it's written in English.
      The grammar, syntax
      and punctuation are correct.
      I'm sure it'll come to you if ya just read it slowly again.
      Go for it.

"The grammar, syntax
        and punctuation are correct..."

Um, go back to school little one.  Because you are highly mistaken. Chow.

1. qwark profile image58

Intimat:
          Thanks for giving it a go.
          You are appreciated...:-)

How is it that we who live in the USA and zealously "praise" this god thing, think that we are not as fanatically involved in "faery tales" as those who zealously praise allah, or reject jesus but accept the concept god in their own way?
            ________________________________________________________________________
            All one sentence?  No commas, no nothing?  Are you serious?  You actually think this sentence structure is correct?  Really?

Wow.  That doesn't say much for America's school systems.  How sad.

4. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 7 years ago

Yes it is hypocrisy.  A fanatic is a fanatic, doesn't matter what the belief system is or in which they country they reside. 

The only difference I can see is that the Christian fanatics who live in the USA are not flying planes into buildings or stuffing bombs into their underwear, on second thought, maybe they are.

1. qwark profile image58

Disturbia:
      I finally got someone who can read with understanding to respond.
      Ty Disturbia.
      Christians, tho, have certainly done their share of damage ...eh?
      We try to convince others, the world over, to convert to christianity. Missionaries are out there beating the bushes for converts.
      Aren't jews and muslims?
      Yet for some reason, we, a "christian" majority nation, arrogantly think of ourslves as being "above" the others! Hypocrisy!

5. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 7 years ago

Eating excessive amounts of sugar is fanatical.
    Constantly questioning the motives of theism, daily, on an internet forum, asking the same question a hundred ways, is fanatical.
    Science is fanatical along with the other obsessive compulsive humanoids.

Claiming "Critical Thinking" is scientific, is just plain incorrect; not to mention hypo critical -a play on words moment.

Have a nice day!

working