jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

looking for good book recommendation on Alchemy

1. perfumer profile image60
    perfumerposted 7 years ago

Hi everyone,
    I am looking for good books on Alchemy.
    Would you like to share your personal favorites?
    Thanks,
    Perfumer

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 7 years ago

As an alchemist, I can make a variety of recommendations, but it'll help narrow it down if you can say what particular aspect of alchemy interests you.

3. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 7 years ago

I knew there would always be more to you than meets the eye relache! smile Ever since doing psychology I have been fascinated by the philosopher's stone. Any suggestions for reading other than Jung or the usual post Jungians?

4. relache profile image86

Earnestshub, I found Thom Cavalli's book ALCHEMICAL PSYCHOLOGY to be a good one.  I'd heard him speak at a few conferences before I read it, and liked his theories and approach.

5. earnestshub profile image87

Many thanks rachelle, I have that, and agree about theories and approach. I liked it too. smile

6. relache profile image86

I just loaded about two dozen PDFs, all pertaining to alchemy, onto my new iPad.  All of it is stuff I've found for free on the internet over the last two years but I'm only just starting to read all of it now.  Included in that are several years-worth of volumes of the Alchemy Journal, a book on the alchemical symbolism in European cathedral architecture, and a historical text about Fucanelli that was translated from the French.

For beginners, I'd recommend the Wiser publication THE CONCISE GUIDE TO ALCHEMY. 

If you want to get theory and get into plant work, Robert Bartlett's REAL ALCHEMY is good.  He's a chemist by trade, so that tells you the angle of his approach.

7. earnestshub profile image87

Thanks relache! smile

working