Can anyone just get over the sin?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (27 posts)
  1. Sundaymoments profile image61
    Sundaymomentsposted 13 years ago

Why is it that so many often times we find it so easy to cast hatred on someone Else's act of sin; however when we are called out on our act of sin we get bitter and angry, shouting it is not fair.

Is their anyone out here that can help me understand this a little better??

1. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Our own sin is like the back side of our own knee caps.  It is much easier for me to see yours than mine!!!

I have good excuses and alibis for mine.   I assume that everyone else doesn't ?????

Sundaymomentsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I love your analogy; but yet it is so easily said and ever so hard to admit while we are in the midst of practicing within that kind of mindset .

2. kmackey32 profile image63
        kmackey32posted 13 years agoin reply to this

So well put and so true!!!

2. stilljustwonderin profile image60
      stilljustwonderinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well it's ok if I do it!  lol  I guess maybe we can see the reason why we may do something but not some one else.  It really doesn't matter tho, in James 2 verse 10 it says  "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."
      I know why I did it, but why did you do it?  Did you have as good a reason as I did?  lol

3. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like you have an ego or pride problem. hmm You get called out on something and you think it's not fair. Why? (on a side note- try to not talk for others)
      Yeah, get over yourself and be more conscience and conscious about your actions. Your religious view has you on the path of righteousness and the truth of the matter is that you are not any better than anyone else, which is what "righteousness" is all about. You suffer from a superiority complex, yet don't see it. No wonder. hmm

Where did you get all this from one simple statement and you say holier than though Please look in the mirror and then re read your statement I believe your speaking on behalf of yourself

4. pylos26 profile image70
      pylos26posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like the thinkings and justifications that comes from most christians.

5. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think the word you're looking for here is "Hypocrisy"

smile

6. kess profile image61
      kessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

As long as you see sin in another you will see Sin in yourself....

Quit looking for sin in others and then you would be free from sin's bondage.

your love for christianity is responsible for your bongage.

Very well said and certainly from deepest part of your heart

7. Daniel Carter profile image61
      Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Pointing out another's sins is usually about the insecurity the person feels about his/her own position with God, and therefore, detracts momentarily from the gravity of their own shortcomings.

The more secure a person is knowing that he/she is okay the way they are, the less they will need to point out other's flaws and make public outcry. Being secure with one's self is about being at peace. When there is peace there is no need to harm self or others.

2. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 13 years ago

sin against self...i wrote an article about it.

1. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If I haven't read it what is its title?   Does it have sny dirty back sides of kneecaps in it?

1. profile image0
        Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Jerami, that is the title, sin against self.

2. Sundaymoments profile image61

And a very good one others need to read as well

3. themist profile image61
    themistposted 13 years ago

As I've said many times in the past, don't focus on what others do. Self improvement is the only way forward.

Yes self improvement is the only way we can be a successor however when it is the tool of others to hold against you every wrong that they know you have done; how then do you move forward??

1. stilljustwonderin profile image60

Can you get away from the people who are doing this?  Maybe to move forward we have to move away from people who are holding us down.  God knows what is in our hearts.  If we have accepted Jesus then our past sins have been washed away.  They are gone!

The sad thing is they live next door; plus they are here on HP. Everywhere I am turning around they are posting negative things (Some of the things are true, I Made some mistakes) however they are also adding seasoning to their story making me look like a monster. The ones that live next door to me are the ones who started all the mess and now that they have been figured as the liars they will not step up to the plate and pubic-ally tell the truth; "That they too made some mistakes. {IT seems to me they have forgotten, To BE Human Is To Be Of Error}

There have been times that I have been accused of something I wasn't guilty of.  I figure I know the truth, the Lord knows the truth, any one who knows me, knows the truth.  No one else matters.  If I am guilty, I will admit it, apologize and move on.  If I am not guilty I ask the Lord to forgive the one who is lieing and help them to turn from their lies.  We can't hold on to bad feelings, we have to let them go.  If you can't talk the problem out with them,  then take it to the Lord in prayer, leave it  there and don't pick it back up..  None of us are perfect and we won't be as long as we are living here on earth.  So, none of us can throw stones at another.  Just strive to be the best you can be, and every one around you will see.  Don't hold on to bad feelings, it will fester and infect more of your life.

Thank you still justwonderin though we know these answers often times we loses focus and cannot see the answers however it is friends like you that helps lift the blinders off of our eyes. Blessings

Thank you for allowing me to help.  We all need friends some times to help us along the way.  Life here can be hard some times and Satan will throw stumbling blocks in our path.  The Lord works thru mysterious ways, some times it is thru new friends..  Hold on to your faith.
                God Bless you.

Thank You for your God sent words and yes I will always hold onto my faith (That is really all  we have to hold on too")

2. the pink umbrella profile image74
            the pink umbrellaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It kind of depends on what your mistakes are. if they are criminal, you might want to contact yor realator. If they are just mistakes that you have gotten past, then just say "yea, i made that mistake, so the F what?...I can get over it, why cant you"

4. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 13 years ago

Sorry i am unfamiliar with this type of christianity.
    When i feel enticed to sin, i call upon the father immediately while the temptation is upon me. If it hurts, oh well.
    You see i choose to know god exists. I am not playing some game of "in" one day, "out" the next. I know what to do and i know what's wrong, against god and god only do i sin if i sin.
         Through discipline i make myself rigid in the things of god: i avoid the very appearance of evil. I praise god when i don't feel like it. I speak in tongues to edify myself. I close my eyes and form prayers in my head, long lengthy prayers. I tell god i love God.
    I pick up my cross daily thus symbolically and literally crucifying my self against those things i would do (in the flesh) but i do them not. This is presenting myself as a living sacrifice, wholly pleasing unto god.

This is what christianity is all about.

Very well said brotheryochanan but what I am saying is so many people want to judge another person based on our acts of sin is not God the final Judge and not man?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)