Crazy ????

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (33 posts)
  1. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

The Atheist here on HP thinks that I am Crazy for rejecting their ideology and believing in the existence of ONE God.

The Most Religious folks on here thinks I'm Crazy for rejecting their ideology of Religion.

Can a person accept GOD  and reject religions concepts ???
    I guess I'd have be Crazy to do so.

I think that Abraham rejected the "religious" of his time.

I think that most ALL of the prophets did.
       It was the religious who the prophets were sent to,
    cause they were doing it wrong.
       The book of Revelation describes how "Religion" will continue down that path.

We tend to forget that the prophets were being sent NOT to the Pagans but to those that "wanted" to follow the God of Abraham, but didn't know how.  They kept "Interpreting" the word of God to suit themselves.  And going down the wrong path.

1. stilljustwonderin profile image59
      stilljustwonderinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is what Jesus had against the Scribes and the Pharasees.  They held to the letter of the law and the traditions, they didn't look into the heart of man.
      Jesus said to love God and to love one another.
      People on here think I am crazy too.  I don't care.  I know what is in my heart, or, "who" is in my heart.

Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely correct.  Politics in religion  is like taking  mayonnaise out on a picnic. without ice

It is what is in the heart that counts most.

2. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

Another thread asks;  ... Does "religion" often get in the way of a relationship with Jesus

Sometimes it does !!!   Are we really defending GOD,  when we defend religion?

Which religion would that be ??

1. stilljustwonderin profile image59

Ya know, God doesn't need us to defend him.  We don't need to defend our faith.  I just won't deny him.  You can't deny something when you know in your heart it is real.
      God is real, Jesus is real, and some day, "Every eye shall see."
      Love ya bro

Thats the truth. the whole truth and nuttin but.

Back at cha

3. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

Crazy is as crazy does.

If you're good with yourself and figure out your connection in the universe, you're ahead of the curve. No one can buy another person's "knowing" of any of that. It has to come from experience.

All the rest is noise from the debate.

RE: Scribes and Pharisees: They were the most righteous people of their day. They were the lawmakers, the respected, righteous ones. What Christ did was abominable to them. He rejected THEM and accepted the human trash of the earth. It made no sense, but that's what he did.

Hence, our mistaken view of the Scribes and Pharisees today is that they were evil. They were evil ONLY for making the law more important than another human being. They were, in effect, WAY ahead of their time as business men.

I can't pick out a particular part o your post to agree with.  Every bit of it is ABSOLUTELY correct.

2. stilljustwonderin profile image59

Problem is, we see Scribes and Pharisees in our day.  They are blocking the doorway to Jesus.  Some (we hear about on TV) with their immoral acts, others with the hardness of their hearts.
      I know of one young man.  He started going to church and was very excited.  Then the preacher told him he couldn't wear a certain shirt.  "Traditions of man"  This young man left church and didn't go back.  A while later he was killed in a drug deal.
      If God had a problem with that young mans shirt, God would have convicted him of it.
      We need to pray more for one another so we don't block the door or cause others to not want to walk thru.

Jesus was fighting against the traditins of man while he walked upon the earth. 
        In fact Jesus' wasn't wearing the right shirt either.

4. BDazzler profile image76
    BDazzlerposted 13 years ago

1 Corinthians 3:19

Shalom

Corrinthians 3:19   ..  Shalome  back atcha...

5. srwnson profile image60
    srwnsonposted 13 years ago

It's difficult for me to say I belong to a specific denomination because I spend my life on the road, it's my job you see. It's funny how many I talk to on the CB feel the way you do Jerami. Perhaps it's because we see so much of the good and bad in society. Are we crazy? No, God knows the truth in my heart and I think this helps combat the loneliness that sometimes comes to others like me who spend their life on the highways of our country.

God bless you.

Thanks for your kind words.  Some of the purest hearts that I have ever known went fishing every sunday mornin.
        That is where they talked with their GOD. 

Come to think about it ??  I rather talk to him than about him.
         I bet cha a nickel you find a lot of time when there is no one else to talk to but him. and in those moments you learn a lot about yourself and him.
         It has been my experience that he would rather talk about you than him or anyone else.
         If I bring up what some body else is doing we end up going over ?...?  Why do I feel the way I do about that??

If we learn to  know ourselves better, we can then undrstand other stuff better.

1. srwnson profile image60
        srwnsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well said, and though I'm not knowledgeable about the bible, I think I learn more from those who don't necessarily use the bible as their only source of finding God. I know there are those who say it is important to study the bible to learn about Gods plan, I think we can learn from people who feel the same as we do as well.

I've been accused of being a red letter person...  Yep .. I admit it.   Understanding the red letters (Jesus said it) first before we try to understand the rest of it is important.

I would say  MOST important.  Cause if ya can't get the red letters right, you aren't going to get the rest of it right either.

6. Pcunix profile image92
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

What's crazy?

When we bought our first house, the people we bought it from had a seven or eight year old daughter.   

My wife and I were waiting outside for the parents to get their last stuff out on moving day and the daughter was playing.

In the street. Sitting in the street drawing with chalk.

Now this wasn't a main street, but it connects two main streets and a lot of high school kids use it as a shortcut to school and some of them drive far too fast, so my wife was a little concerned.  She said something to the little girl.

I do not recall the girls exact words, but it was something like "Jesus will protect me"

That's what her idiot parents had taught her, I guess, or maybe she decided that on her own.   They were idiots:  either for teaching her that or for not knowing that she plays in the street.  One way or another, they were idiots.

THAT is crazy.   If you take your religion that seriously, yes, you are crazy.  So the little girl was crazy and her parents were at least idiots, and maybe crazy too.

Other than that, believe whatever you want and if it makes you happy, I think it's great.  I may think you are very wrong, but if you still act rationally, why should I care?

Not that that will stop me from poking fun at your beliefs in some other thread :-)

If her parents taught this girl that God would protect her even if she played in a busy street, I have to agree with you here. Her parents were crazy.  Poke away if that makes you happy. smile

1. Pcunix profile image92
        Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Who knows what they taught her? They might have been as aghast as we were.  And I suppose she was a bit young to be called crazy - though if not, certainly not very bright :-)

But if they did teach her that, yeah, they are nut cases and I hope nothing bad came of it.  I think of that often - it really bothered me.  She'd be in her mid 40's today..

You mentioned in another thread that you believe in humanism is this right?

That is a silly way to put it, honestly.

I agree with much that Humanism promotes.  I don't "believe" in it.

You agree with much of it, but you don't believe it. Okay -just curious.

Have a nice day smile

You said:

Many non-religious people identify as Humanists and the Humanist Manifesto (which you can find at http://www.americanhumanist.org/Who_We_ … anifesto_I and other places) nicely expresses our beliefs .

I find nothing odd about that.  I think it is a very sensible organization, but I prefer to think for myself and not be locked into what others want me to think.   So while I may agree with much of it, I am in no sense a follower or a believer.   You may classify me as a humanist if you wish, but it isn't entirely accurate.  Close enough, though.

2. stilljustwonderin profile image59

Thing is, we aren't suppose to tempt God either.  Did the parents not know she was in the street?  Some times parents just don't want to be bothered by their child and don't pay attention. 
      There was a 4 year old boy living on a street I traveled every day.  Just about every day he would be out in the street.  I would stop and tell his mother.  One day I was driving up the street and I saw something  in the middle of the road.  It was that little boy laying all spread eagle!   I stopped and told his mother, he got out of the road.  His mother told me to mind my own business!  If I had run over him it would have been my business for the rest of my life!  I minded my business straight to childrens protection.  I never saw him in the street again.

I do not know what they knew.  We were excited, buying our first home - I do not remember anything else about any of them.

7. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Has it occurred to any of you religious types that an omnipotent entity is hardly likely to write instructions to mankind that are unreadable to most and full of contradictions? Or that he is so needy and insecure that he kills those who don't belief?

Or how about an omniscient entity that  got our human DNA messed up when he made us in his own image?

How about an omnipresent god who has been a no-show for all time?

Total madness caused by indoctrination.

Your sky fairy is a myth story retold throughout history, altered and repeated since the sun god ra by the sub-conscious of mankind.

Religiosity is married to the fear of death in the brain stem.

It can be switched off with chemicals that reduce fear and since the galvanic probe experiments carried out on a psych patient 30 years ago the whole thing is known and learnable.

Before you go waiving stuff around that comes out of your mind, find out how to drive it and which bit of it you are using!

We each live a myth based on our subconscious decisions, while believing that we have made conscious choices that arrived at the truth.

We need to learn how to make more of the mind conscious before we can start living our "truth" because that truth is just reaction to fear.

Until that fear is made conscious all sorts of myths will be followed, even ones as bizarre as the crud in the bible.

It used to be the sun god that "explained" all this to the chronically afraid. Not much has changed.

Don't unnnerstan somethin? Then god musta dunnit!

8. srwnson profile image60
    srwnsonposted 13 years ago

Sky Fairy, I'm glad you don't believe in that. I hope you reconcile your crisis.

1. earnestshub profile image79
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have no crisis to resolve concerning this matter, and it is condescending answers like this that I would expect. Why don't you show me where I am wrong without the good book bit? smile

The truth is I can't sir, and it's not my place to try. I'm not versed enough in scripture. If I tell you my belief you will only scoff, so I will say good day. smile

1. earnestshub profile image79
          earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

OK. smile Be safe out there. smile

2. Mark Knowles profile image59
          Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Bye bye then,. One less condescending religionist is always a good thing.

Nice shot. wink

9. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

Sign-off.?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)