‘Symbol of peace’ & understanding: Ahmadiyya Mosque at Galway, Ireland

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (32 posts)
  1. profile image50
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

http://eireislam.blogspot.com/2010/09/i … stone.html

http://www.advertiser.ie/galway/article/26086
    Imam Noonan “Galway people should not be worried that we are a radical organisation as Ahmadiyyas are known throughout the world as a peaceful and peace loving people.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol And the website you linked to is attacking Christians in Europe. lol

Odd definition of peaceful.

2. lady_love158 profile image59
      lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this

No of course not! Islam is a "peaceful" religion and Muslims are a "tolerant" people!

http://content.usatoday.com/communities … csp=34news

As long as you do what they tell you!

Same as Kristians really. Just a few years behind. wink

2. profile image50
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ahmadiyya Muslims are peaceful people; Ahmadiyya don't hate anybody and love everybody.

http://www.mta.tv/

Through Ahmadiyya not only truthful and peaceful teachings of Quran/Islam/Muhammad have been revived but all the lost teachings of all the Revealed religions have been revived;and this way Ahmadiyya are in centre of all the Religions.

Ahmadiyya believe in interfiath dialogue and for this symoposia are arranged in our mosuques where religous representitives of Jews,Christians,Hindus,Sikhs,Buddhists and even Atheists etc all participate and speak freely.

1. lrohner profile image69
          lrohnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Huh? Wait a sec. I thought Bananaism was the center of all religions. You mean, they're not? They lied to me? I think I'm renouncing my peels...

2. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

Can you get Guinness at this Irish Mosque?

Because if not, then I've got other places to go.

3. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 13 years ago

Dude, why not at least give them a chance to be a good and peaceful part of that community?  You know, benefit fo the doubt and all that?

1. profile image50

The chance is there;everybody speaks about positive points they have in their religion and nobody speaks against anybody. The topics are selected with consultations and consensus and all speakers restrict themselves to the topic.

1. Greek One profile image64
        Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hmmmm.. you kinda bash St Paul who is an important part of my religion, don't you?

1. profile image50

Jesus and Mary are the central focal points of the Christians; not Paul.

Isn't it a little bold and inappropriate for you to define who is and who isn't a central focal point in my religion; bash someone who by your own definition contributed so much to understanding the nature of Jesus as believed by followers of my religion, and then claim that "everybody speaks about positive points they have in their religion and nobody speaks against anybody."?

You have a particular point of view of the accuracy of St Paul's teaching, a man much revered in my Church.  I have a different point of view, and so does my friend Mark Knowles.

The difference is that Mark doesn't claim to be respectful of views that differ than his or pretend to minimize difference in thinking.

You try to pound the basic tenants of Christian beliefs with as stick, and then claim not to 'speak against anybody'

2. Mark Knowles profile image59

But the Islamic website you are promoting is making attacks on the Vatican:

http://eireislam.blogspot.com/2010/09/v … urdah.html

How is that peaceful?

4. profile image50

Vatican City Dress Code for Women:

The Vatican dress code for women stipulates women to wear a black skirt or dress that reaches the knees. The sleeves of the top should be mid to long sleeves, no pants, simple jewelry, dark closed toe shoes. A black hat or veil is optional for the women to wear.

I think the above is in appreciation of Vatican and not anyway against it. The dresscode describes more the dress of Mary whom both Christians and Muslims respect.

Dear me. I know that telling lies is an important part of your religious beliefs but still. Do you think people are too stupid to read the rest?

"Is it not interesting and in fact ironic that  in the very heart of Europe such religious gender specific policy should be practiced. Shall we wait and see what legislation the government of Italy will in-act into their constitution to protect their secular values from Christianists?

Don't hold your breath."

5. profile image50

I believe in free speech; the site has space for comments; one may express one's thoughts and vent one's feeling there. I won't mind.

I see you have chosen not to address the fact that the Islamic website you are promoting is verbally attacking Catholicism as well as mainstream Muslimism.

How is that peaceful behavior?

1. Don W profile image82
        Don Wposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Pointing out that the anti-Muslim laws in Italy are ironic and implying they are hypocritical is a criticism certainly, but hardly an 'attack'. I don't think calling yourself 'peaceful' precludes you from complaining about or criticising something.

Personally I would have said the anti-Muslim laws in Italy are ironic and hypocritical, and the people who ratified them are ignorant, incompetent, narrow-minded buffoons who deserve be sacked and prosecuted by the European Court of Human Rights. I think that would qualify more as a verbal attack.

How interesting. What anti Muslim laws are these? Oh - yes - 2 competing "peaceful" religions making laws against the other. lol

Unfortunately - you have no voice and appear to be just a troll. I mean this as constructive advice - it is in no way intended as a criticism.

Peaceful atheist.

1. Don W profile image82

If you want to categorise criminalising the expression of a particular religious belief as an attack on that religion, then I agree. In fact it is also a violation of the European Charter of Human Rights, and the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights. But you suggested the author of the above article was verbally 'attacking' the Vatican. He wasn't.

He simply pointed out that it was 'interesting' and 'ironic' that the Vatican should have rules about how women dress which seem to go unchallenged. His argument may be flawed for various reasons, but it can hardly be characterised as a verbal 'attack'.

And your example of calling someone a 'troll', then mitigating it by suggesting it's constructive advice is not analogous at all. The author did not use any derogatory terms in the article, nor were his observations unsupported with factual evidence, or expressed in a severe or particularly hostile way. To the contrary, he expressed a critical opinion which he supported with objectively verifiable information, and he did it in a moderate and reasonable way. In fact the criticism is not even explicit. It is merely implied by the context in which the words 'interesting' and 'ironic' are used. I fail to see how the author could have been any more restrained.

Being peaceful does not prevent someone expressing a critical opinion. It's no contradiction for me to consider myself peaceful and criticise your argument. In fact that's exactly what I've just done. You haven't just been verbally 'attacked'. Your argument has been criticised, that is all. The Muslim author above did not 'attack' the Vatican, or Christianity, or any individual. He made a criticism, backed it up with some evidence, and expressed it in a moderate way. There is a difference between that and a verbal attack.

1. profile image50

Hi friend Don W

I agree with you and appreciate your charitable approach.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

6. profile image50

‘Symbol of peace’ & understanding: Ahmadiyya Mosque at Galway, Ireland

7. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

it's right in the name Mark, cant you see?!?!

8. BDazzler profile image78
    BDazzlerposted 13 years ago

Mark, Greek, we all know that

1) As soon as the world agrees with me, there will be peace. 
    2) Everyone is free to worship as I please.
    3) As soon as we kill all the killers there will be no killers left, except those who killed the killers. They will, of course, need to be killed.
    4) Intolerance will not be tolerated.
    5) Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

tongue

the peaceful spread of BDazzler across cyberspace

smile

2. Don W profile image82

And of course:

6) some are more equal than others
      7) do as I say, not as I do

1. BDazzler profile image78
        BDazzlerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Of course!

9. profile image50

I am thankful to the authorities in Ireland who approved of building a Mosque at Galway, Ireland ; a tolerant people.

Yes. No attacks made here. Irish people almost never kill each other over religious differences. lol

10. SilentReed profile image80
    SilentReedposted 13 years ago

The people of Galway sleep in blissful ignorance, while the termites slowly gnaw their house's foundation. Unknown to most , it's the fifth column slowly spreading.

11. profile image50

I think Galway people are blessed with an Ahmadiyya Mosque there.

12. profile image50

"Imam Noonan wants the mosque be seen as a friendly and welcoming place for all people, regardless of religion, and he is keen it should also be made open to community groups, organisations, and associations, for meetings, gatherings, and events.

“I intend that the mosque will hold interfaith meetings and that if a residents association or club wanted to hold a meeting that they could do it there,” he says. “It’s about being part of the locality and the wider community.” "

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)