jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)

Is god father or mother?

1. profile image0
    rakubaposted 6 years ago

Is god father or mother?

1. thooghun profile image84
      thooghunposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Quite clearly male. With a big, bushy white beard and vast sweeping blue eyes.

On a serious note, if you're referring to the Christian faith the term "Pater Noster" should ring a bell tongue

2. Dave Mathews profile image60
      Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Christian Belief according to The Holy Bible, God is referred to as "OUR FATHER WHO ART IN HEAVEN" Every time Jesus spoke of God He referred to God as "Father"

3. Cagsil profile image59
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Neither.

1. Druid Dude profile image59
        Druid Dudeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Within us, God is representative of "Father" The Holy Ghost, or Spirit, is representative of the "Mother" and the Son is representative of "Self". As in the physical being, within us, our father is represented in us, as is our mother, and then there is our own "self", the "I Am" This God of Israel is way more complicated than most people think.

4. profile image69
      paarsurreyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

In literal and physical terms He is neither father nor mother of any; He is the Creator- God Allah YHWH; he need not be one.

[112:1] In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.
      [112:2] Say, ‘He is Allah, the One;
      [112:3] ‘Allah, the Independent and Besought of all.
      [112:4] ‘He begets not, nor is He begotten;
      [112:5] ‘And there is none like unto Him.’

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … php?ch=112

In symbolic term one may remember him as father or mother; as He is so Merciful and Kind.

Jesus was a poor Son of Man; he was neither god nor son of god; the Christians are mistaken .

2. KristenGrace profile image60
    KristenGraceposted 6 years ago

God is the Father.  Therefore, a male.  Mary is the Mother of God, the one who had His only son, Jesus. 

That much I understand!

1. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 6 years ago in reply to this

so how did god get mary pregnant?  and how can the son be the same as the father?

3. b. Malin profile image56
    b. Malinposted 6 years ago

Right on...However I'd like to say, I think he's got a fun loving personality...sometimes a bit "quirky" sometimes "over the top."  I think he's very forgiving considering we are such a F--- up society.  I think he wants you to believe, but not make it so complicated...and just be a good person while you occupy this earth and not to KILL one another using his name.

4. MeGunner profile image59
    MeGunnerposted 6 years ago

Well, I think referring to God in the context of a loving parent is all that really matters... Having said that, nowhere in the christian Bible was God reffered to as mother. He is always our everlating Father.

1. profile image69

In literal and physcial terms He is not Father of anyone; not even of Jesus who hismelf admitted he was Son of Man; the Christains obviously have got it wrong; they must correct themselves.

1. profile image0
        rakubaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

you got it right.

1. profile image69

Thanks

working