What if my faith or My religion is wrong,can God hold this against you

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (43 posts)
  1. Kiss andTales profile image59
    Kiss andTalesposted 12 years ago

There are so many religions in the world and yet there are those who believe in nothing but themselfs, and yet those that believe in God live as though they dont believe , just by the way they live, and the things they say! when really they want others to believe in them and give there word thought! the evidence is that they can only speak, because someone greater then them allowed them to be born , Yes I do believe this God is owed our respect and a listening ear to what he has to say!even man made laws make us accountable for our choices! I believe that many will be accountable
    and will we be ready to accept , the judgement behind the choices!

1. profile image0
      lavender3957posted 12 years agoin reply to this

This has haunted me for many years. I want to make sure that I am going in the right direction. There are so many religions and false prophecies that I am stunned. I was brought up with many different religions but prefer to keep church in my heart. I believe in God and have followed the King James version of the Bible. I have been told by others of many faiths that this is not the correct Bible, or I am following the wrong religion. I am not sure if God will hold me responsible for the things I am unknown to. I follow what I was taught and experienced and investigated to see what is the real way. This is a good question. Following to find out more.

Kiss andTalesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi Lavender! I love that color! I know exactly how you feel, you sound just like me many years ago perhaps I could say about 3 different religions, where my experience! but basicly I needed to know what God wanted from me, what was acceptable to him ! was I ready to accept what I read, what it ment and the steps of applying it would be the work that would make me a better person to myself and to those who are learning and appling the same things, and mostly ,a true sign would be as Jesus gave us ! Love , love for the Father his name and his son ,and love for our neighbors,if you notice that would mean all people no matter the color or race! Acts 10 :34-35 notice it says( All nations) all people,love would be the true mark of approved Christains today(  Not want be s and living false to the name) but the real ones the bible talks about in Revelation! 7:13-14-17 yes people who really clean there lifes up because of the truth and there love for God and his son! they will get Gods blessing for the future! it tells you part of it in verse 17! There is more good news to share! I am happy to share it with anyone who will read there bible and ready to answer your questions!

2. MickeySr profile image79
      MickeySrposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It seems to me that, if you own an internal, an inside yourself, sense that there is a God and that we are accountable to Him for who and what we are, what we believe and how we live our lives, etc, then perhaps our first best step is to consider the world we find ourselves in. There are indeed a great multitude of religious ideas, a great many different notions in the world we find ourselves in about who God is and what is expected of us . . .  and so, the reasonable course would be to examine the various ideas, not just adopt as your own belief whatever religion happens to be the one your own family and culture provide you, but to consider all the different ideas offered but all the different religions.

Now, when you do that, and interesting thing becomes clear - while specific rituals and rules, etc, may differ, all religions essentially assert the same idea, namely, that 'here' is how to please God, do 'these' things and don't do 'those' things and God will reward you . . . whether it's Hinduism, Judaism, Islam, Mormonism, wiccan, etc, etc, they are all basically saying the same thing - do good (whatever they reckon good to be) and God will reward you, do bad and God will punish you. That is the message of every religion man has come-up with.

Then you come to the teaching of Jesus and His apostles (and the prophets of the OT, etc) and you don't merely find a different message, you find the exact opposite message. Christianity alone asserts that there is not enough good that you can do, that there is in fact nothing you can to please God and win His favor. Christianity asserts that you are spiritually dead and that you stand already condemned before God . . . Christianity's message is that you are without hope and there's nothing that you can do. BUT, the Bible declares that this is why Jesus came, that your salvation is a free gift, that because there is nothing you can do Jesus did it all on your behalf. Christianity presents an entirely different idea than all the religions of the world.

So, the thing then to consider is this; if there is a God and if He is the infinite eternal spirit who created all that is, are all the various religious ideas man at different times and in different cultures has concocted the truth . . . has man, whose history is a history of brutality and evil, have we figured-out the truth about God? Or have we continually gotten it wrong and God Himself had to prepare the way and then come down Himself to reveal to us who He is and what the truth is?

Can you follow Islam or Hinduism or whatever, and as long as you do your best and your 'good' out weighs your bad and you're not like Hitler or anything, and you light all the right candles or face in the right direction when you pray, etc, then you are ok enough to live with the perfect and holy God forever . . . has man gotten it right again and again throughout history with just minor practical particulars - or was Jesus telling the truth when He said that He was the only way and that no one can come to God except through Him? It seems to me that either all religions are basically the truth and man got it right over and over again - or Christianity is exclusively the truth because it is the one message that comes from God and not from men.

Jesus said that all others who came before Him or who come after Him saying 'here is the truth' and 'this is the way to God' are liars and that He alone is the only way to God and the only hope we have.

1. lone77star profile image75
        lone77starposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Very good, Mickey.

I think there are even a few Christians who are merely and only paying lip service to the idea of "following Christ."

Perhaps one thing we need to be humble about (at least I feel a need to) is, what does "following Christ" mean? There are so many interpretations of scripture. I want to listen to those interpretations, but then to listen to the quiet, still voice within and hope I hear it accurately. Staying humble helps.

And was Gautama Siddhartha following Christ in his own way? This is what I want to understand.

Is the tribal shaman who never heard of the Judeo-Christian Bible following Christ when he lives in utter humility, searching within for the connection to God?

If we get it wrong, we lose. So, I don't advise holding on to any idea too tightly lest you miss the real answer when it comes whizzing past.

Just to be clear, your admonitions against attempted salvation by right action might be misleading. Inaction is an abomination, too. We can't merely say, "I love you Jesus," and expect that to be it. We have to do the right thing. Some "Christians" I've met are really following ego -- the master of this world. I'm still having a hard time shaking this devil, too.

And I've even learned a bit of humility by reading your comments and hubs, so thank you very much!

Christ showed Humility  ,he washed the feet of his diciples. A great example for us today  , I agree but he never confused it  when it was time to speak the truth! 1Peter 3:15 , for so many wanted to control his thinking or the thinking of his followers! Yet Jesus said I do not my will but the will of the one that sent me! His Father, He spoke up! not passive !Many have a fear of man! what can man do to me! when God has the last word! in all Matters!

3. A Troubled Man profile image57
      A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, just can't respect a selfish egomaniac who behaves like that. Allows people to be born? Will make judgements of our choices?

Will avoid at all costs. Thanks.

egomaniac ! it sounds like you are talking about youself! someone who would make a statment like that definitly want his ego to stand out! but nothing learned here, nothing surprising ! nothing to contribute in a positive light! you have wasted words that mean nothing! what can somebody learn from your words , they are just words!

1. A Troubled Man profile image57

I see you have learned much from your God. lol

yes ! and I see you have learned nothing from yours!

1. A Troubled Man profile image57

Thank God! lol

2. earnestshub profile image82
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

To answer the question, read the bible, apparently he can.

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed.  (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death.  Such evil must be purged from Israel.  (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord."  When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through.  (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

yes I do agree that there where judgements long ago spoken and applied. today many people know whats good and bad because God set the standards for what is good and bad! how would we know a lie is wrong, or any other wrong doing .But what I had in mine  was  how does that apply to us today! many  do not practice certain type of sins ,our test in life may differ from one another . the fight of the flesh or desires we seem to put God aside to enjoy! and make excuses.   we  seem to think we are an exception to Gods rule! can we accept that God knows and see everything and we will all be accountable Romans 9:28 of the earth! .

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Do YOU not have a conscience? Are you not aware of your own actions or the actions of others?

2. earnestshub profile image82
        earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

On the contrary, the biblical god set the standards for the worst excesses of violence and murder the world has ever heard of.

Kill People Who Don't Listen to Priests

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death.  Such evil must be purged from Israel.  (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

Kill Witches

You should not let a sorceress live.  (Exodus 22:17 NAB)

Kill Homosexuals
            "If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives."  (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Kill Fortunetellers

A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death.  (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

Death for Hitting Dad

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death.  (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

Death for Cursing Parents

1) If one curses his father or mother, his lamp will go out at the coming of darkness.  (Proverbs 20:20 NAB)

2) All who curse their father or mother must be put to death.  They are guilty of a capital offense.  (Leviticus 20:9 NLT)

Death for Adultery

If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death.  (Leviticus 20:10 NLT

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image87
          mistyhorizon2003posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wow, that means I am doomed on about 5 of those Earnest, perhaps another reason I long since 'got over' my years of attempted brainwashing by Convent schools!!!

Bows out of here now, I hate the religious forums, too much nastiness goes on here wink

2. Kiss andTales profile image59

well first of all the bible makes it clear the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one 1John5:19  We know! satan offerd Jesus all the Kingdoms  of the  world or goverments of the world for a act of worship to him! that means his influence is world wide ! now I ask you a question if I have six different mushooms some one gave me and told me that they all where good but one is poiseness would you try them all until you find the poisen one no, Knowledge is life saving, many religions are like poisen mushrooms today ! and many will eat there poisen and spiritualy be killing there relations with God !why Because anthing goes! as long as you pay your tithes and support the top people in the church, you can come here and God will accept you as you are ! not what the bible says!Rev7:14 these people washed themselfs of the defile things of this world they were the ones that recieved Gods favor! that means change not excuses! Isaiah 2:4 say these people do not war any more with one another they come from all over the world in the name of God and his son They are at peace with each other now! While the rest of the world is under satans control! they are  at peace his people..

1. Cagsil profile image70

Do you always preach metaphorical parables without understanding the metaphors? It appears so, considering that's all you're doing. Good show.

Your actions speak loudly about the level of honesty you have with yourself. Therefore, there's no rhyme or reason to expect you to be honest with others. Another good show on you. WOW! roll

3. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

If there is a God, he's intelligent enough to see that it would be unfair to hold anyone's thoughts on the subject against them. If there is a God, if he gave a hoot about what anyone thinks, he'd make an appearance and set the record straight.

if there is a you there is a God ! nothing can make itself! even man made items , and homes have a desighner! and you are right his intelligence is much higher then ours! his appearance has not been accepted by many! by means of his inspired word and other means ,not accepting what he says! and its application is proof of why the earth is the way it is now!.Many people put there trust in what they can see and yet there are those who seek to destoy what they can see when it comes to leadership,presidents,kings ,and other rulers,Yes God gives a hoot because we would not be having this converation if he didnt! you give a hoot because you believe in fairness,he does too! but mabe we need to be fair to him! to acknowledge that he is and there are many things we enjoy as humans! and you have to admitt that many designs of creation is wonderful, how long would it take for us to make a human being! man and woman ! or the many different animals! we can not make one! and give it life.Yes he personally cares for each one of us! !but will we let our heart and desires block our opportunity to get to know him?all our questions will be answered all our pains and sorrow will be done away with! a true treasure to only those that seek him with a willing heart!  Happy are the peaceble , for they will be call sons of God! and happy are the mild tempered for they shall inherit the earth! Matthew 5:1-12 these are rewards of those who follow Gods words closely.

1. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey, were you baiting agnostics with that 'question' so you could have an opportunity to preach? It kind of sounds like it. smile

no I basicly just want to really get us to think! clearly without a religions title, because its truly between you and God ! your record will be between you and him! but life should not be wasted on formal traditions of men who use the bible to control people, for what ever cause money or power! will this really bring us closer to the creator! If I ask you what I want , and you can give it to me! and I know you can! and you know you can ! So God has ask somthing from us ! many dont hear the question !and that is to respect him and his Authority ! that is found in his inspired word! and to accept it for what it says not what we want it to say! thats why we have so many religions twisting the word of God for there own purpose .Using Gods word to gain money or power! Matthew 10:8 yes the truth is Free ! we can not pay God for our relationship with him! He made silver and gold what can you give him ! respect , and to love him with your heart How can you do this  if you do not know him! there is a right way to do that !.

Excuse me Mr shub ! I understand what you are saying ! and there is history of acts of wars in the name of religion! But the lord prayer talks about Gods name being sanctified meaning Gods name has took the wrap for many killings and many bad things that have happened on the earth! Why make man if he wanted to kill us off! the truth is satan hates Gods creation because we are in the image of God ,being able to love and make decisions ! he is the one behind the scene killing and making people think God is behind it all! slandering Gods Name ! in many so called religions each side asking God for the victory to slaughter one another!. God gives life. satan was called a man slayer in the  he takes life, from the beginning !  If you really know our heavenly father you would know that he has been accused of many things .just like Jesus!  and just like someone who has been blamed for a crime and persecuted without knowing the facts ,they continue to slander his name with untruth! if we have any goodness  in us we would examin the facts! because we just might find ourself  helping Gods enemy!

1. earnestshub profile image82

There are a couple of anomalies here I'd like to deal with, the first being comprehension and how it works.
              My name is Earnest if I am a hubber I have a hub or two OK so far?

As a hubber named earnest, what do you think I would call myself? Mr Shub?
              I think earnest's hub should be decipherable myself.

Now on to another matter of comprehension.
              When your own book says something is written from god instructing people to kill, that is not satan speaking, that is god. Do you get that?

Have a read for yourself, see where it says "and the lord said?"
              That would be what the lord said.

If satan said it, it would read "Satan said"
              I hope that helps. smile

perhaps he does not have to, because so far you have been speaking for him ! so far  I have notice you have said many negative things on this subject! I have heard nothing Good, you think God has done! from your commits on God! and next You are right about your name I was giving you respect thinking that was part of your  last name! but I can correct that error on my part ! Mr Earnestshub.

1. earnestshub profile image82

Thank you for offering respect, but you do see what I am saying about comprehension I hope.
                  I don't speak for any fairies, good or bad thanks, I speak for myself without having to threaten others with invisible entities. smile

I speak to you and yet I just see  a pic of you! It does not have to be you! this could be an invisalbe fairy talking to me about how he feels about his name ! no it doesnt matter ,I am not talking to you in person you must be a fairy ! so I can say you are just a image on my page thats not real ! and I could anore you! because your face just appears on this page not a real person to me! good or bad !

2. Cagsil profile image70

Only true if humans are gods. Otherwise, it's just BS.

2. MickeySr profile image79
      MickeySrposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Emile > "If there is a God, if he gave a hoot about what anyone thinks, he'd make an appearance and set the record straight"

He did - and, how did we respond to His appearing and straightening of the record?

1. lone77star profile image75
        lone77starposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Touche, Mickey!

The figurative "we" murdered the messenger. Not very bright. And now the jackals are saying it didn't happen. Sweet bliss such ignorance, in a delusional kind of way.

1. profile image0

You need to learn to think outside of the box Lonestar. Release the ego. The possibilities are quite lovely, when we negate the desire to be above others.

2. profile image0

If the entire story of the gospels is true, the end on the Cross was unavoidable. I still say that, if there is a God, Christianity is one of many paths. Not everyone gets things, from the same angles. And, if it was imperative to 'get it' that same deity would be actively present to ensure none were lost. The lack of evidence, if there is a God, is by design; but cannot be designed in order to condemn the soul to death. That would make no sense.

4. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

I guess that depends on your definition of a god to begin with. hmm

5. earnestshub profile image82

Which god are we discussing here. Your god?

6. earnestshub profile image82

It does get nasty in here sometimes. I try to keep it short or quote the source. lol

7. earnestshub profile image82

Not great logic is it?

I have 1,400 followers who think I exist, and am living in a big family that think I exist because they can see me right now.

What proof do you have that your god exists?

Oh that's right. a book, one book, One incomplete book.

One book written in two parts. One religious group supporting each part and denying the other.
    One book with 30 books missing from it.
    All based on heresay rumour, superstition and conjecture.
    But you know it's true because you read it in a book.

The fact you are you, your design your peronality, the fact that you were born and not some one else! you have a family! I am sure somebody born in your family looks like someone! we can not order our own existance ,we may have a part in the act of passing on our seeds to make another human But we can not make the seed! can you make a seed ? human, plant animal no! I am sure that at one time you created somthing! rather be art or somthing! that project had a beginning! so did we! and you talk about fairies who made them! where is there book of existance ? is that what you are made of ! is that what your family is made of since you mention family!?
      give me a book of existance that tell me why I am hear !and what is the future! I Guarantee you will find none !

and since you are stuck  on fairies  tell me how fairies are made! because I have never seen one ! but I could be talking to an invisable one now!

The question that the bible is accurate is living proof today! We exist/Adam and Eve/ they lived in a garden like home here on earth! . today when we are born we are not born in heaven but here on earth Isaiah45:18 says that God did not make the earth for nothing he wants it to be inhabited )and He is the maker of it !proof we live here not on Mars! proof Adam and Eve where healthy people / before they ate the fruit and turned away from Gods authority/ they choose to disobey! result was the source that kept them alive they cut off by beliveing a lie told by satan! that they will not Die! they died ,they are not here today! their offspring die because we inherit there sin and the judgement that came with it death! people grow old and die no man can stop this disease but God ! but sure his word is Truth!/ proof no one can ever live a life time and learn every thing that exist here on earth .and yet man only have barly touch the surface of all Gods creations,which many we can not explain there complex design! At one time Columbus thought the eath was flat and later it was discovered the earth was round The bible clearly states at Isaiah 40:22 some 2000 years ago that the earth was round! ! it states circle of the earth! bible readers new before science what the shape of earth was! there are many more to name . but like any book it would be inspired and publised !you can question who published it but not who insired the words on the pages! A book has a Author , and theme ! this book is about our history ! and instruction on how to live . there is a theme many are suppose to know and they dont! But it is a great one! I will say that!

1. DoubleScorpion profile image77
            DoubleScorpionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

A circle is not a sphere. The earth is a sphere not a circle. When the bible was written, it was thought that the earth was a flat circle support by an actual foundation and covered by a dome. And this is noted in the bible. Today we know this to be false.

the bible uses that word for a reason ! But we do know now it is not flat it is not square , yet we live on it!The bible says(" there is one that is dewelling above the circle of the earth"Isaiah 40:22 . no other shape mention.

1. Edwinoel Tanglao profile image59
                Edwinoel Tanglaoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have seen the truth in the words of Christ Jesus and we can all see this truth happening around us.  He said that we cannot live on bread alone but on the words of God, as in Matthew 4:4, and he said this with conviction and truth because he is the Son of God, he is God personified as man to live with us, and now, he continues to live in us and with us as long as we believe in him, have faith in him and trust him with all our heart, with all our strength as he lives in our hearts and spirit.  Believing in his ways of loving one another is already the first step in believing in the truth in his words, as we believe in God having created us all to be one with Him through His Son, Jesus Christ.  And that in all good things that we do, God in Christ Jesus may be glorified.  If we allow evil to rule our life, then we have no eternal life in us for only when we follow Christ Jesus and have faith in him that we may have eternal life for he is 'the truth the way and the life,' as in John 14:6.  Nothing is too late, you may start welcoming Jesus in your heart and spirit through constant prayer and you will see how, by abiding by his words, you may see many blessings and miracles happen in your life.

8. Kiss andTales profile image59
    Kiss andTalesposted 12 years ago

What I like about your committ is how you apply scriptual text! If you can not build up ! dont tear it down! you are a builder! finding positive encourgement. maybe I am Not your faith but you acknowlege a greater infinit person God and you accept his son Jesus!How else can we gain his approval by getting to know him!and by applying what we learn! the biggest key to his heart!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)