NFL Week 13

Jump to Last Post 1-30 of 30 discussions (65 posts)
  1. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image72
    BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 11 years ago

So 13 is going to be unlucky for somebody.

Big game tonight New Orleans Saints at Atlanta Falcons. The Falcons play for revenge, as the Saints are the only team to beat them, and also to stay ahead of the pack for the number one playoff seed. The Saints are battling for their playoff lives.

Saints have won 7 out of last 8 and 11 out of the last 13 vs. Falcons.

This is a can't miss game for football fans.

2. Alphadogg16 profile image87
    Alphadogg16posted 11 years ago

I think Drew Bree's and the Saints will win. The Falcons running game is non existent, as is the Saints, but if its gonna be a shoot out.....you gotta go with Bree's

BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I agree with you, Alphadogg. The Saints are much more desperate for a win in this one. And don't blink because there should be plenty of touchdowns tonight.

I'm taking the Jets defense in both my fantasy games this week, and if they don't come through, I'm blaming you and wavegirl because of your posts on Week 12.

3. Alphadogg16 profile image87

The Cardinals have no QB & most likely will try to jump on Beanie Well's back & ride him. IF the Jets defense cant stop him, Wavegirl will not hear the end of it!! lol

Yeah, and the Jets will stack the box and try to jump on Beanie's back too.

Man, that game last night was a surprise in that Brees and the Saints were so inept offensively. The Falcons defense got more fantasy points than any player in the game. I hope the same thing happens in the Cardinals at Jets game.

2. wavegirl22 profile image49
      wavegirl22posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Alphadogg16 - pray for me wink

As for last night, what can one say, except the Falcons wanted the win more. Though I got to say I really thought Breezy was going to pull it out, it was Atlanta's defense that kept coming through when it counted.

As for Steeler Nation .. NFL.com's Albert Breer reported there's a "limited chance" Roethlisberger plays against the Ravens, according to a Steelers team source. Breer said that Roethlisberger is regaining strength in his right shoulder, where he sustained an SC sprain just under three weeks ago. The source said Roethlisberger looks "better" in practice, but isn't where he needs to be yet.

@ReneeDC1979 - nice to see you here. A new NFL fan is always welcome and appreciated. Though sorry to say that RG3 once again is not going to enjoy having Tuck, Osi and JPP in his face all day. And Elite Eli has his arm throwing again.  Yes sirreee .. the beatdown New York put on the Green Bay Packers last week served notice to the rest of the league. The Big Blue Wrecking Crew is ready to dance wink

1. ReneeDC1979 profile image60
        ReneeDC1979posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Alphadogg16 we'll see - i need them to win so i can come up in my football pool.

4. ReneeDC1979 profile image60
    ReneeDC1979posted 11 years ago

RGIII - Are you ready for some football?

Hey Renee, well RGIII better toss some TDs to Santana and Pierre because I have them both on my fantasy team that matters most. Also I have Alfred Morris on both my fantasy teams. But I have the Giants in Pick Em. This should be a great game, the one I'm most looking forward to other than the Steelers at Ravens, and I might be sorry I watched that one.

5. ReneeDC1979 profile image60

Yea not too sure about your team this year - i like them but the two times i picked them - the scoreboard wasn't steeler friendly -

6. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 11 years ago

My team is still going to win this Sunday :-) Thanks for the update there wavegirl - about Big B!

7. Alphadogg16 profile image87

Hi Renee, RG3 is a one man wrecking crew, buuuuuuut I may have to go with Wavegirl's Giant's, RG3 hasn't seen a front 4 of this caliber. He may be running for his life. I was hoping the Saints would win last night & get my Bears closer to home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Julio Jones is on my fantasy team & did absolutely nothing. BGJ, doesn't look like Big Ben is going play brotha, your Steelers are in trouble.

Yeah, Big Ben has been definitely ruled out. So the Steelers go with Charlie Batch to start and Brian Hoyer (who?) as backup. Looks like trouble to me. The Steelers defense has to be awesome to win with no turnovers by the offense.

RGIII ran for 89 and Alfred Morris ran for 120 against the Giants last time in a close win by Big Blue. If the Skins can run the ball like that again they just might win at home. But I think the Giants will contain them better this time. Both teams will put up big numbers in the passing game. But then, I thought that about the Saints and Falcons last night.

1. wavegirl22 profile image49

I just want to see Osi and Justin take a couple of bows, see a few salsa steps and I will be one happy girl.

On another note .. .After a four-game winning streak to start the season, the Cardinals have lost seven consecutive games and have fallen behind the competition in the NFC. The Jets also have little hope of reaching the postseason. Jets depending on Tebows ribs may put as Greg McElroy the back up. For a second I thought this was a definite but now it looks like Sexy Rexy says Tebow will be a game-time decision. Uh oh why am I talking about the Jets. .I am supposed to be on my 12 step program.

As for San Diego. .talk about pathetic. The Charger game once again will be blacked out. That makes it 3 times this season.

Week 13 in the NFL is really hitting things up. Stay tuned wink

Hey now, don't give up on your newly adopted hometown Chargers just yet. I really need them to beat the Bengals. They can lie down and die the following week at Pittsburgh.

So what's the word on the street in San Diego about who is going to replace Norv? I can't believe he will survive this season.

Im sorry I just cant root for the Chargers. Rivers sulking on the sidelines. Then all goofy in the media after the loss. But the worst part is the Charger chant that they play after a TD. It should be illegal it is so bad.
            The best is to watch my dad - he goes nuts rooting against them its addictive.

As for Norv the offensive coach genius that he is. .hehe rumor has it he is going to the Jets wink

Your dad sounds as fond of the Chargers as you (and me) are of the Patriots.

So what is Norv going to be with the Jets? Tim Tebow's personal quarterback coach?

Too funny. Hard to believe all I keep hearing here in SO CA today is how the Chargers can still make it to the playoffs. .

I think worse is that I am sitting here watching football yet I cant keep myself out of those other forum threads. Lord have mercy on me today. Maybe if Sanchez can get his game going I might stay away. HELP!

DId you just see that challenge Rex lost. I am truly losing it today. Point me in some direction I may find some joy today!!

2. ReneeDC1979 profile image60

Hi.  We'll see, but I think the skins got it.

What the Skins need for the future is a wide receiver who is a deep threat.

My suggestion would be Mike Wallace. I don't think he is going to be with the Steelers next season, what with being a free agent and wanting so much money. Your owner Daniel Snyder is certainly willing to fork out the money.

Youre right wish women were allowed in the NFL, i might try out.

Oh you're pretty fast are you, Renee?

Pittsburgh has it's very own female football team, the Pittsburgh Passion. They have played a team called the D.C. Divas (nice name). This is real football, not the lingerie bowl.

The D.C. Divas are waiting for your call.

8. ReneeDC1979 profile image60

Yeah I know, but I think playing with the guys is more fun, personally.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image61
      prettydarkhorseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi Renee, what positions do you like to play?

What team is your preference?

Renee says she is a Redskins fan, but I think she may also be a Ratbirds er I mean Ravens fan, but afraid to say so. I mean, she's not far from Ratbird country.

Based solely on Renee saying playing with the guys is more fun, my guess is Renee likes to play quarterback and make passes at the guys.

+1

9. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 11 years ago

She can be a QB for Ravens and I will be a linebacker for Steelers :-) We can have some fun!

10. wavegirl22 profile image49
    wavegirl22posted 11 years ago

and Im the salsa dancer for the Giants smile

smile smile

11. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image72

Well, I can't complain about taking the Jets defense so far. Only 3 points allowed  with under 10 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter.

Oh no, Sexy Rexy just threw the challenge flag on that no fumble call. The zebras confirm no fumble. Sure looked like a fumble to me. Jets out of challenges.

it was so a fumble.

I think the refs are acting a little like the UN today.

BTW i got the Jets D as well today . . but what is up with Westhoff.. total letdown this season. Usually his special teams are pretty special.

And then there was Greg McElroy. LOL. So everybody in New York (and one person in San Diego) is buying his jersey now.

Just think, wavegirl, the Giants could have had Philip Rivers instead of Eli Manning.

Thats the best part of being here in San Diego. Everyone and I mean everyone cant stand the fact that NY has Eli. Funny you can find Jets fans here but NEVER ever a Giants fan. Brings me much pleasure to strut around in my Giants gear.

The Jets won and the only thing I am feeling is, sad for Mark. I thank the football gods that he was pulled for McElroy and not you know who.

Right now Im pulling for the Colts to take this game. It was nice to see the Chiefs beat the Panthers. I can not imagine how they did it, Kudos to Romeo Crennel and his players.

Next up Steelers and Ravens. ..

12. wavegirl22 profile image49

I think I am going to be a Colts fan. I swear I root for them as if they were my team.... Maybe in another life I lived in Indie.

Way to go Luck to Avery. The NFL at its finest.

13. wavegirl22 profile image49

Patriots seize AFC East crown with win in Miami

Houston Texans clinch playoff berth with win over Titans

Packers fend off injury woes to top Vikings despite All Day Peterson's banner day (210 yards on the ground)

Luck leads Colts to a stunning victory on game's final play Lions go down.The Colts (8-4) stayed in control of the AFC wild-card race with the win

Amid tragedy, Chiefs pull out win over Panthers. Romeo Crennel: "Our prayers and hopes go out to a three-month-old girl who will never get to know her mother and father."

McElroy leads Jets to win over Cards after Sanchez benching

Bills blowout ends Jaguars' brief resurgence keeping Buffalo's postseason hopes alive remain

Rams knock off rival Niners as Greg "Legatron" Zuerlein kicks game-winner in overtime to avoid tie. (love him on my fantasy team)

Seahawks step up as Wild Card favorites with a crucial overtime win over the Bears as Russelmania proved his poise under pressure.The Seahawks are 7-5, but they now hold tiebreakers over the Green Bay Packers, Chicago Bears and Dallas Cowboys.

Ravens take a 12-3 lead. Ok the offense needs to get something going here. Spread out the formation and stop being so damn tight.

14. wavegirl22 profile image49

I am so happy for my Steeler fan friends..  .

BGJack and PDh. . your boys did it and they did it well. Tomlin should be coach of the year. Cinci needs to lose. But I cant root for the Chargers  . I just cant

Sweet victory! Thank u Wavegirl :-)
      About Cincy - Them Cowboys can beat Red Hair Andy this Sunday :-)

15. Alphadogg16 profile image87

The Chargers are done.......stick a fork in them, they need to rebuild........I bet they feel like morons for letting Drew Brees go for Phillip Rivers

funny how you never hear the Charger fans say anything about Drew. .. they are too busy hating on Eli  ..

11 pm news will be fun to watch tonight. . Rivers is usually interviewed for a minute or 2. And I love to see him goober out of it. Last play to be picked off, doesn't get any better then that!

16. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image72

I don't want to say anything too bad about Philip Rivers, wavegirl, since the Steelers play the Chargers next. But yeah, that last series of plays by him and the Chargers when they had a chance to beat the Bengals was pathetic. Of course I was rooting for him, unlike I will be this Sunday. Sure glad I took the Jets defense based upon sage advice by you and Alphadogg. Seahawks D only got 2 points while Jets got 11.

Sweet indeed, prettydarkhorse. Best win of the season so far, by far. Maybe we'll meet up with the Ravens again in the playoffs. But we have business to take care of first to make the playoffs.

Obviously, we have two happy campers today on this thread. And just as obviously, tomorrow we are only going to have one, either the rabid Redskins fan Renee or the rabid Giants fan, wavegirl.

Some of us can just sit back and enjoy the game tonight. Others will be sweating bullets hoping their team can pull out the win. You know, like prettydarkhorse and I were obsessing over the Steelers yesterday and Alphadogg was doing likewise over the Bears.

My prediction? Either Renee or wavegirl is going to have a whole lot hair tomorrow.

A whole lot less hair I meant to say. You know, like in so frustrated you are pulling out your hair.

I think these two ladies should make a bet on the game or something.

Not that I'm trying to stir the pot.

17. ReneeDC1979 profile image60

You said it right the first time, but should have left off Giants - cause the Redskins will be singing victory!!!!!

Renee, I can visualize a "Tastes great!" vs. "Less filling!" battle between you and wavegirl.

To one of you the outcome of tonight's game is going to taste great. For the other, the outcome is going to be less filling.

I need this win - I broke even in all my other picks -UGH!!!! - I'm trying to beat my 2nd place championship win last year

I know you need this win, Renee, you need it really bad. And the Redskins need it to keep their playoff hopes alive. But then, wavegirl needs it really bad too.

Geez, I don't know who to root for. What I really care about is that Alfred Morris scores at least 10 fantasy points. Then I win both games. So don't be a ball hog, RGIII. Let your rookie buddy pound the rock once in awhile.

Hell hath no fury like a woman whose team bites the dust.

18. ReneeDC1979 profile image60

Haha - i guess you're right.

19. wavegirl22 profile image49

Will we see a preview to the real dance tonight?

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/8778_4886814610220_1460965574_n.jpg

Should have been the Salsa. Cruz had the Skins defenders beat. That one's on Eli. And then you get nothing on the bad snap for the field goal.

Reminds me of yesterday when Batch threw it over a wide open in the end zone Wallace's head. Or when Sanders caught a pass and it looked like he could take it to the house but he fumbled changing the ball from one arm to the other.

20. wavegirl22 profile image49

OK so Gruden totally got on my nerves tonight....thats a first. On a high note I had RG3 tonight and Penalties will kill you every time. I would hate to be in the Giants locker room this week. Couglin is gonna be awfully cranky.

Great. Pfff . .at least Renee is happy.

Ill go join my maxi friend for some fun.

Poor maxi. You reminded me I owe him a couple responses for what he said to me.

So did you and maxi do the Salsa to make up for the lack of same in the game last night?

21. ReneeDC1979 profile image60

WHEEEEEEE..I THINK MY HAIR GREW..HAHA

22. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image72

Well, last night's Redskins win sure makes the NFC East a whole lot more interesting the rest of the way.

Now what I want to see is the Redskins beat the Ravens this coming Sunday and the Cowboys beat the Bengals.

REDSKINS!  REDSKINS!  Rg3

I know you are excited about the big win for the Skins last night, Renee, but you don't need to shout.

Now like I said, let's see your Redskins beat the Ratbirds this Sunday. Then I'll be a true believer.

23. ReneeDC1979 profile image60

Bwahaah Ratbirds!!!! I like that name!

Renee, did you hear the news that RGIII broke his right hand today in a dunk contest with Brittany Greiner?

Who is the Redskins backup quarterback?

24. ReneeDC1979 profile image60

Ummmm... no didn't hear that i hope it's a rumor - i may have to step in.

25. wavegirl22 profile image49

C'mon, man. Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining.

BGJack....I must admit I have to steal this line and keep it in my arsenal. It is an honor and a pleasure to hang out with you!

Guess I should've read the entire joke.  Here's my response HA HA!!

26. wavegirl22 profile image49

sorry Renee . .it was a bit of an 'inside joke' really doesnt even have anything to do with football.

as for your Skins. .great win for your boys .  .congrats!

27. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image72

Geez Renee, I can't believe that rumor about RGIII isn't true. I read it on the internet and I thought everything anybody put on the internet has to be true.

Rest assured I am very happy RGIII will be ready to destroy the Ratbirds!

So wavegirl, I see that Sexy Rexy says that Mark Sanchez still will be the starter. For now, anyway.

28. ReneeDC1979 profile image60

ha ha thanks BlackandGold - he was at the wizards/heat game last night -looked fine to me - aww well -maybe next time - but if you're interested i have a beach house i can sell you with a great ocean view in Alaska!

Well, I'm interested because I've never been to Alaska, Renee. Does that house come with a slow boat to China?

Wow, can't believe the Wizards beat the Heat last night. I used to really like LeBron when he was with the Cavs. I went and saw him play a couple times in Cleveland.

Yeah, I'm predicting RGIII turns the Ravens every which way but loose. I'm looking for Pierre Garcon to have a big day too. Allfred Morris will get his rushing yards, like he usually does.

29. ReneeDC1979 profile image60

Yeah -we'll see.  But, no slow boat, just a moped.

30. ReneeDC1979 profile image60

And it's just 10 payments of $9999.99

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)