Who will win the ICC World Twenty20 2009?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (31 posts)
  1. skmsports profile image60
    skmsportsposted 14 years ago

First qualifying rounds are over. Following teams are now through to the super eight battle.

Which Country will win the world cup?

1. India
    2. Pakistan
    3. South Africa
    4. West Indies
    5. Sri Lanka
    6. Newzealands
    7. England
    8. Ireland

1. usmanali81 profile image61
      usmanali81posted 14 years agoin reply to this

It does not matter, they play and earn. people just watch and discuss like fools

1. packerpack profile image62
        packerpackposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And you just became one of them by replying here

i am just opening your eyes, not discussing cricket

I don't think I need to open my eyes. You are just trying to say anything that does not earn any money for you is a waste. In that case people should stop doing many thing .... like going for a movie..... do you watch movies?

No, i did'nt say that. I mean to say money should be spent on constructive things. Watching good movies and informative programs is very right but spoiling money on BATMAN, SUPERMAN kind of rubbish is really bad.

2. worldlife profile image61
      worldlifeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No Doubt Pakistan Will Win T20 2009 Worldcup

I am very happy today India Lost his match by 3 Runs from England and India is Out of the T20 Super Vision

2. packerpack profile image62
    packerpackposted 14 years ago

O you deliberately put India on the top. Great! Actually India, Australia was a big threat but they are out now. smile

3. zeewaqar77 profile image56
    zeewaqar77posted 14 years ago

I think he placed India on top because they defending champs..

I'll go for Sri Lanka...They are really tough team. This time :-)

Though they maybe but not tougher then Indian team!

1. countrywomen profile image61
        countrywomenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

South Africa is a strong team too and they can even defend small totals. smile

1. Reena Daruwalla profile image60
          Reena Daruwallaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I see from your profile that you are from the US, I was wondering how popular is cricket in the US? As in do people think of the insect when the word is said and do they view it as the poor cousin of baseball? There is much talk recently of an American premier league rather like the IPL, wonder if that will catch on?

As for the original question, my instinctive reply is India, my considered view is Sri Lanka,or South Africa, West Indies and New Zealand have as good a chance of winning

We have American Recreation Leagues and now there are plans for APL too in the near future. I am not sure if Cricket will ever become as popular here as in commonwealth countries.  You would be surprised to know that there are many Americans in my company who are aware of the game of cricket but then I work for a large company in a cosmopolitan west coast city like Seattle.

2. packerpack profile image62

She is an Indian by origin and knows very well about the sport!

4. andromida profile image56
    andromidaposted 14 years ago

west Indies...

5. earnestshub profile image82
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Seeing that Australia is out now, I think the windies have a chance. One qualifier, that is if England does not pick up the Australian Andrew Symonds!

West Indies cooled very good yesterday when they beat the Indian team so comfortable. We have a tough fight in this group.

1. skmsports profile image60
        skmsportsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah West Indies is a very tough contender in this tournament. But T20 is all about surprises. Lets see how they perform against South Africa today

6. skmsports profile image60

Update: Both India and Pakistan Lost their matches against West Indies and Sri Lanka. If they lose another match they will be almost out of the tournament.

UPDATE: India is out of world cup. I guess my vote of confidence goes to South Africa for having a balanced team and methodical approach to the game (unless they have big game jitters). smile

PS: Mr Usman it is ok now and then to engage in sports discussion.

7. LondonGirl profile image80
    LondonGirlposted 14 years ago

Yay, England did well today!

1. Reena Daruwalla profile image60
      Reena Daruwallaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Happy for you Londongirl. I console myself with the fact that I can now watch the rest of the world cup with a measure of detachment and impartiality. That and the fact that Aussies did even worse than us.

2. skmsports profile image60
      skmsportsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Its good for the tournament that host is performing well...

8. LondonGirl profile image80

Sod the tournament, it's good for us LOL

Not anymore, LG. sad

Anyway based on objective assessment I think South Africa should have a good chance. But then Pakistan/Sri Lanka on there day can beat anybody (more ever they are our South Asian neighbors and would want either of them to win since India my first preference is out of the tournament now). I guess our whole family can be more relaxed now.  smile

9. skmsports profile image60

Bit of bad luck with England due to rain but they played well.

Pakistanis are getting their form back just at the right time. Let's hope they finish it well this time. :-)

10. LondonGirl profile image80

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted (-:

11. ChrisSnil profile image60
    ChrisSnilposted 14 years ago

Going on current form I'm tempted to say South Africa, but I think in the end the Windies'll win it

12. skmsports profile image60

Hot favorites South African Choked again in Semi Final Against Pakistan.

Brilliant performance by Pakistani Team. Let's see who will they be competing with Sri Lanka or West Indies?

13. zeewaqar77 profile image56
    zeewaqar77posted 14 years ago

Congratulations for Pakistani Team for becoming a Champion...

Which brings up smiles on every Pakistan across the globe

14. skmsports profile image60

Pakistan outclassed Srilankans in Finals to lift the cup

The winning script can not be better than this one. At one stage Pakistan was facing it difficult to qualify for super eight, but what a fight back from Pakistani Team.

They deserve a much needed victory!!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)