This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

At this stage in their career, would you pick Kevin Garnett or Tim Duncan?

1. ShyneIV profile image60
    ShyneIVposted 8 years ago

At this stage in their career, would you pick Kevin Garnett or Tim Duncan?

Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett are two of the best power forwards in the NBA. They have often been linked to one another because they seem to cancel each other out. Who would you want?

2. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 8 years ago

I think I'd take Tim Duncan.  I think he's a bit more durable than KG.  TD also is probably the most fundamentally sound player in the NBA.

3. Oldskool903 profile image75
    Oldskool903posted 8 years ago

I would take Kevin Garnet easily. KG knows how to dominate the floor with his presence. If I was to form a team around KG or Tim Duncan I would easily take KG. He knows how to pump up his team, he is a great defensive player, and always seems to be around the ball. Without him the Celtics would not be that dominant team. Then again without Tim Duncan the Spurs would not be as dominant. But, Tim Duncan is not a play maker and doesn't make the players around him any better. To me the spurs seem like a very selfish team. If you watch the Celtics they pass the ball around the whole court until someone has that open shoot, even Kevin Garnet. The only thing I see Duncan doing is taking that easy 10 foot jumper and grabbing a couple of boards, while KG is all over the floor creating plays for his team. KG also has a personality that gets the stadium and players into the game, Tim Duncan looks dead to me.

4. ShyneIV profile image60
    ShyneIVposted 8 years ago

Valid arguments OldSkool, but then again Timmy has more rings and shows up in big games. So far in KG's career, I count 2 big playoff games where (playoffs) KG has showed: Game 7 vs Sacramento Kings and Game 6 against the Lakers in the Finals two years ago. It's ironic cuz I wrote an article about a year ago saying I'd take KG, but TD just does it all. He's quiet but goes about his business in a big way. Plays more games, more minutes, and never disappears in big moments

5. profile image37
    Nonauthorityfigurposted 8 years ago

I would take Tim Duncan in a heartbeat.He can create his own shot and if need be bring the ball down.Garnet is great inside and if you can get him the ball around the hoop he is money. I want a player than can create

6. Mike Lickteig profile image85
    Mike Lickteigposted 8 years ago

I would take Duncan over Garnett at this stage.  Five years ago it might have been Garnett, but his basketball skills seem more connected to his athleticism than Duncan's, which makes me believe Duncan will have a longer career if he wants it.  I also think Duncan thinks the game through more than Garnett, who seems far more emotional.  If I need to fire up my team, of course, Duncan isn't quite the guy to do it, but I think Duncan will be the better "old" player.

7. JamieK profile image60
    JamieKposted 8 years ago

I would have to go with Duncan.  I do agree that a lot of Garnett's skills come from his complete athleticism.  He was drafted from high school because he was a freak athlete that was 7 feet tall.  Duncan is all about hard work and dedication.  I see Duncan turning into a Carl Malone as he gets older.

8. profile image30
    cipriano000posted 8 years ago
  9. profile image54
    Ball2Dayposted 8 years ago

It is a no brainer Tim Duncan. Duncan is still the most fundamentally sound post up player in the league. But, one thing to keep in mind is I think Garnett will change his game because of age and his leg problem. I think he will become more of a post up player. Duncan probably will have to change his game less.

10. ianswhite profile image54
    ianswhiteposted 7 years ago

I'd take KG no question.  Both can give you similar output on offense, though KG is doing better than Duncan this year and has more range, but Garnett also has his athleticism in tact and is playing as well as he did in 07.  Part of the reason the Spurs got crushed by the Suns last year was that Duncan is too slow now to defend the pick and Roll.  Garnett stops pick and rolls in his sleep.  Just by looking at the difference in their physical ability, you can tell KG has more high quality years in him than Duncan.

working