jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is Tim Duncan the best power forward of all time?

1. MarkRFox profile image76
    MarkRFoxposted 6 years ago

Is Tim Duncan the best power forward of all time?

2. guy6336 profile image71
    guy6336posted 6 years ago

Tim Duncan is a very gifted player, but it depends on what kind of player you are looking for.  Tim may be the best all around, however, I want my power forward to be a scrapy get me all the rebounds you can player.  Now you may think I'm talking about Dennis Rodman and he was the best rebounder, but he can't score enough for me to be considered the best ever.  I loved Charles Barkley.  He was one of the most physical power forwards ever.  Had he been blessed with Tim's size he would of been unstoppable.  If I were picking my all time greats team, I would go with Barkley.

3. nutuba profile image60
    nutubaposted 6 years ago

Duncan would certainly make my top four list, up there with Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, and Dirk Nowitzki. Duncan has the stats. I think I would give Barkley the edge, though, because of his overpowering drive. Barkley's charisma wins.

4. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 6 years ago

Who?  Never heard of him.

5. Erlz12 profile image60
    Erlz12posted 6 years ago

Jerry Sloan said so, and he was the coach of Karl Malone. What's nice about Duncan is that he's very solid and consistent. He can get you points, rebounds, a few assists, blocks and he plays great defense. Of course, if you're looking for a power forward who can score, Barkley and Malone were better offensive threats. I guess it comes down to what you prefer.

working