jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Has the 3 point shot become a too dominant force in team offenses?

1. profile image53
    Ball2Dayposted 8 years ago

Has the 3 point shot become a too dominant force in team offenses?

2. profile image43
    Medfitposted 8 years ago

The 3 pointer is a definitely a weapon of mass destruction. One three point shooter can devastate a strong defensive team. There is an arms race in college basketball. You remember when Al McGuire said you needed an 'aircraft carrier' to when the NCAA championship. Well now you need sleath, quickness, defense and a 3 pointer shooter. Ask Kansas! Has the 3 pointer become too dominant, I dont know but it is definitely a 'game changer'.

3. Mike Lickteig profile image84
    Mike Lickteigposted 8 years ago

It is a dominant force, but I don't think it is too dominant.  It offers a less athletic team a way to compete in a game when they are physically outmatched, and I think that's good. 

Teams with more size or athleticism will not rely on it as much, and it adds excitement and drama to the game.

4. kcreery profile image60
    kcreeryposted 8 years ago

It definitely has brought more emphasis to great outside shooting.  It used to be that you pump the ball into the post so dominant big men like Wilt Chamberlain dominated the game.  Now the guards have a chance to impact the game more.  It makes it more of team game.

5. profile image28
    cipriano000posted 8 years ago

working