jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Should Sir Alex Ferguson sell Dimitar Berbatov in the summer?

1. MadManc78 profile image56
    MadManc78posted 8 years ago

Should Sir Alex Ferguson sell Dimitar Berbatov in the summer?

2. Donnacha C profile image79
    Donnacha Cposted 8 years ago

yes, but who would buy him? he`s been useless all season....lazy player, I wasn`t happy seeing a rumour linking  himto my team Milan.....thank God it`s just a rumour....

3. premierkj profile image71
    premierkjposted 8 years ago

This is difficult. At 29 years old this may be the last transfer window where Utd will see a reasonable return on their money (£12-18 million) Then I think he is the most technically gifted player I have seen at Old Trafford with the exception of Paul Scholes. His lack of end product and lack of desire to score goals is hugely frustrating. I would sell at £14 million or above.

4. Digital Alchemist profile image60
    Digital Alchemistposted 7 years ago

I largely agree with premierkj's point -- if Six Alex is looking for a return on his money, then clearly he has to sell Berbatov as soon as possible.  That said, I think he almost unquestionably will take a loss on Berbatov, as he splashed out an obscene amount of money on him in the first place, and since a) his production hasn't been as significant as expected b) he is a few years older now. 
    I think he's a really talented player, and I'm not sure selling him is the wisest option.  Players of his ability don't just fall out of the sky...

5. ns1209 profile image70
    ns1209posted 7 years ago

Yes, we better get rid of him!  He should be an exceptional player but he now has no confidence, is lazy and can't seem to score even when about 5 yards out - not what to expect from a professional footballer!  It is incredibly frustrating as I know if we sell him he will be excellent for another team!

working