jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Did you enjoy the England vs Us Game?

1. McConnell Group profile image82
    McConnell Groupposted 7 years ago

Did you enjoy the England vs Us Game?

2. scramble profile image65
    scrambleposted 7 years ago

It wasn't especially good. After 3 minutes I thought we'd at least play good attacking football but we were mediocre all the way through. Green's blunder was horrendous.

3. profile image0
    BBManposted 7 years ago

Mediocre in the first half, better once we worked harder in midfield - not a disaster but really need to improve to get to the QF

4. katkin profile image59
    katkinposted 7 years ago

yes i did enjoy the game - thought England played fairly well,some good performances by Steve Gerard,Frank Lampard and Emile Heskey. Although Heskey should have scored! Looking forward to the next game now.

5. khanzada.wajahat profile image56
    khanzada.wajahatposted 7 years ago

Yeah, game was quick, fast, ... very freaky
    It was an entertainy game

6. Pearldiver profile image80
    Pearldiverposted 7 years ago

From a neutral (NZ) perspective both teams failed to capitalise on the hard and excellent work of their halves.  Overall I would have to say that USA seemed to want the game more than England; though I'm sure the UK coach would be happy with Lampad's efforts.  The US team read most of the English game and certainly did close down alot of play through excellent marking and communication.
    Given a score line of 1-1, I was surprised that the USA coach subbed the way he did when he put Holden into the striking role; effectively choosing not to rely on the performance of a Ford!

Sorry (Holden is an Aussi racing team and make of car, which competes seriously against the Ford racing team)

Closed to reply

working