jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Has anyone tried "hot yoga" and did you enjoy it?

1. jenbeach21 profile image80
    jenbeach21posted 5 years ago

Has anyone tried "hot yoga" and did you enjoy it?

2. Kate Mc Bride profile image87
    Kate Mc Brideposted 5 years ago

No I haven't tried it but it looks like something good to do

3. peachpower profile image60
    peachpowerposted 5 years ago

Bikram, right?? I have friends that SWEAR by it- they go 2 or 3 times a week. I cannot stand to be hot and sweaty, so I neither do hot yoga nor exercise... which is NOT a good thing. I gotta get busy on that or I won't be setting myself up for old age too successfully. Groupon sometimes runs deals on Bikram if there are studios near you, so that might be a good way to go about your first class- at a discount. Then you won't be out a ton of money if you find you hate it. Just a thought smile

1. jenbeach21 profile image80
      jenbeach21posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the advice. Great idea about the Groupon.

4. healthylife2 profile image90
    healthylife2posted 5 years ago

I went a few times with a friend and didn't really enjoy it. The class was 90 minutes and the minimal benefit of being slightly more flexible in the heat didn't outweigh feeling faint and having to prepare ahead by eating very far in advance and bring clothes to wear on the way home.Also, I could do maybe 5 of the 26 poses and they are all done twice.  I feel yoga in a normal temperature is equally beneficial but I have a friend that loves it.

5. view profile image74
    viewposted 5 years ago

I haven't had a chance but its followers really enjoy it.

6. jbrock2041 profile image82
    jbrock2041posted 5 years ago

I've tried it and it's got it's pros and cons. I suggest only going if you have already been active for a while. It's a lot of heat to put your body through so I also suggest the first few times that you go that you go for a shorter class and help your body buildup to the intensity. I enjoyed a milder heated class that was still heated but not at 90 degrees. Try different instructors and studios and you will probably find one you like.

Closed to reply

working