Will the New York Yankees Win the World Series?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (32 posts)
  1. dohn121 profile image80
    dohn121posted 14 years ago

The NY Yankees win their win against the Baltimore Orioles have finally taken over the AL East and are now a game ahead of the Boston Red Sox.  Can the Yankees do it?

1. profile image0
      Madame Xposted 14 years agoin reply to this

As long as they beat the Red Sox. They are one of my favorite teams but I don't mind if they don't win the series every year.

2. tksensei profile image60
      tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If by "do it" you mean choke in the end despite all the money they've spent? Sure, they can do that.

2. getpaidtopost profile image39
    getpaidtopostposted 14 years ago

who plays in the worlds series? is it the whole world like the world cup, soccer?

dohn121posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, the World Series isn't until October.  There are a total of 30 professional teams divided into two leagues, the American League and the National League, so 15 teams in each.  Now each of teams are divided into 3 Divisions: West, Central, East, so 5 teams in each (well, at least that's how it's supposed to be).  At the end of the regular season in September, the teams with the best record in each division (who would then WIN their respective division) gets to go to the playoffs, then 1 extra team from each the American and National league gets a wild-card.  These teams are determined by their record as well, over and above all the other remaining teams.  We then go into a 8 team playoff-series (best of 7 games wins) via brackets.  In the end of the playoffs, the American League champion plays the National League champion in what is called the World Series!  Phew!  Hope this helped.

1. getpaidtopost profile image39
        getpaidtopostposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, for the explanation. seen as you explained it so well I wish for your Team to win. smile

1. profile image0

Sorry for the earlier post getpaid - I thought you were being sarcastic

1. getpaidtopost profile image39
            getpaidtopostposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No problem Madame, we all get our wires crossed from time to time. I am from the UK and know nothing about the world series except from what i have seen in films, (Movies) this is why I asked the question. (:

2. profile image0

who actually does pay you to post anyway?

3. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I hope so smile I know a lot of people hate the Yankees, but they are my favorite team...when the Blue Jays are out...

4. dohn121 profile image80

Gawd, I hope so.  I live in New England now and I gotta work with Bosox fans.  Talk about a tough work environment.  I'll be the first to laugh in their faces if/when it happens.

1. tksensei profile image60
      tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Will you be the first to eat your hat when it doesn't? A little advice: Be careful when, where, and how loudly you talk about all this if you live in NE.

You're a Bosox fan huh?  I live in CT now.  People here are split 50/50.  Just about in every other NE state however, they're loud and proud about their Red Sox Nation.  While I was working as a camp counselor in NH, one of my changed my screen saver password when I wasn't paying attention.  When I asked him for the password, he told me it was "Yankees suck."  I had no choice but to type it in.  I have to admit, it was a devious plan...

5. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 14 years ago

nope.. not unless the go out and get Roy Halladay

Toronto would never give them Halladay.  If and when Toronto decides to trade, it will be to a neutral team that is in the playoff hunt like the Phillies.

As long as the Yankees are hot by the end of the regular season, the Yankees are good enough to win.

1. profile image52
        Yanksownthesoxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If they get the doc it would be a wrap for the mlb. But I also think we have a legitimate shot to win the world series by on our own.

6. drummer boy profile image60
    drummer boyposted 14 years ago

nope, I believe the Saint louis Cardinals will.

7. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

Way too early to tell.
    It's only July. Anything can happen from here.
    Spending the most money to buy your team does not always equate with having the best team.

1. profile image0

Unless it's the Yankees

8. profile image0
    LeM22posted 14 years ago

I have to admit, they're getting their  game on. Can they keep it up through September? Will the BoSox get on track again? Will anyone stop the Phillies?

Go Mets!

9. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

It just came to me. NOPE. smile

10. dohn121 profile image80

It's theorized in sports that it's not always the best team (or the highest paid team) that wins championships.  It's the hottest team that brings home the trophy...Whoever does take the series will be playing their best baseball in October, consistently.

1. profile image52
      Yanksownthesoxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

very true very true but I always think the yankees are going to get hot arod hasnt broken out yet as well and the yankees can do some major damage upset about wong however.

11. tksensei profile image60
    tksenseiposted 14 years ago

The Yankees are going to choke in the end

---again

12. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 14 years ago

The Yankees are very good and I think the favorite to win, but I'd go with the Angels.  Living here in SF, I was listening to some sports talk radio the other day when fans were calling in complaining that they (the Giants) put together mediocre teams.  It made me think about the Yankees.  Each year, the Yankees try and field the best possible team they can.  I think the Yankee fans love the organization for this - They want to win the World Series every year.

13. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 14 years ago

you know when I lived in New Jersey I followed the Yankess but since moving to PA it is all about hockey...

14. dohn121 profile image80

Wow.  I almost forgot that I posted this!  I did it my second week at Hubpages.

I'm watching them right now...4-1 Yanks over Texans, top of the fifth...

It's been too long.  The Yankees are all over it this year.  But Paul's got good argument about the Angels.  I don't like playing those guys...

15. profile image0
    Madame Xposted 14 years ago

So, who do you think will be in the playoffs?

Dodgers
    Reds
    Phillies
    I know they won last year but I still have a fondness in my heart for the Phillies smile

Angels
    Tigers
    Yankees

16. dohn121 profile image80

I posted this 2 months ago and made the call...I stand by my original opinion big_smile  We just clinch the AL East yesterday big_smile  I really like our chances!

17. dohn121 profile image80

Okay...My Yanks are up 1-0 against the Halos (Los Angeles Angels) so far in the American League Championship Series.  I originally posted this about 3 months ago when I joined HP!!!  Your thoughts?

1. wavegirl22 profile image47
      wavegirl22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

My thoughts as I read this  . . was once again you dohn121 are right on the money! Yanks are looking as good as they did when you first posted this . . so how many games are they going to make the Angles play? And who then who will it be Phillie or LA?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)