jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

If you were a MLB hitter and were ahead in the count 3-0, would you swing?

1. bogerk profile image67
    bogerkposted 7 years ago

If you were a MLB hitter and were ahead in the count 3-0, would you swing?

It surprises me how hard hitters work to get ahead in the count, then when they get the optimal count to swing on, they keep the bat on their shoulder and give the pitcher a chance to get back into the AB.

2. Art West profile image81
    Art Westposted 7 years ago

Look for a pitch in your perfect spot.  If it is there, swing for the fences, otherwise take the pitch.

That theory goes out the window if the pitcher is struggling and has just walked the batter before you or the two batters before you.  Then you make him throw a strike.

3. justom profile image68
    justomposted 7 years ago

I'm takin' 1 and pounding the next pitch if it's in the zone!!

4. Powerful Pierre profile image78
    Powerful Pierreposted 7 years ago

Hey Bo thats because the manager hasn't given them the greenlight to swing at 3-0 in a lot of cases. I d just swing after the 4th pitch. If I didn't walk he has to come to me and that ball is outta here!!

5. Mikeydoes profile image77
    Mikeydoesposted 7 years ago

In the game of baseball there are very few reasons to actually swing on a 3-0 count.

In my career, I was given the green light only  5-6 times. Even then I only swung 1 of those times. I am 1 for 1 lifetime against MLB pitchers. I played against John Ely of the Dodgers back in high school and got a hit.

Any way on, make the pitcher beat you.

I actually would stand straight up and put my bat on my shoulder and not move. The pitcher always messed up when I did that.

Closed to reply

working