jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Which is better team sports or individual sports?

1. Fire Sprinklers profile image57
    Fire Sprinklersposted 7 years ago

Which is better team sports or individual sports?

2. mindyjgirl profile image78
    mindyjgirlposted 7 years ago

in my own opinion,team sports, because they help you to get along and work together, individual is not as challenging accept for chess, its mentally challenging.

3. Malcolm_Cox profile image72
    Malcolm_Coxposted 7 years ago

individual sport is a more pure and taxing test of character, strength and guile.  No one to rely on but yourself.  The ultimate sport is boxing.

4. pe555 profile image75
    pe555posted 7 years ago

From a spectators point of view, it would have to be a team sport. Simply because every team has it's own supporters and it's the banter and the arguments that will carry on long after the event has finished. Personally I don't really care who win's in individual sports.
    From a participants point of view, it is up to each individual to find out what they are good at and whether they enjoy doing it.

5. fucsia profile image61
    fucsiaposted 7 years ago

I think that it depends of the individual character. I, for example, prefer the individual sport. But for children is better the team sport: it is useful to improve the spirit of collaboration, the altruism, the respects of others and the friendships.

6. rich_hayles profile image57
    rich_haylesposted 7 years ago

In terms of watching I like both, but in terms of playing I prefer team. I have nothing to prove to myself but in a team game I like to prove my ability and contribute to others.

7. Don Ship profile image79
    Don Shipposted 7 years ago

Everyone raves about the benefits of team sports for children. They develop teamwork. They develop social skills and networks of friends and so on. But team sports may pale in comparison to individual performance sports when it comes to things like independent thought, leadership, and self reliance.

working