jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

do you play an instrument? when did you start?

1. Thomas@theone profile image72
    Thomas@theoneposted 7 years ago

do you play an instrument? when did you start?

2. profile image0
    Travis_S_Musicposted 7 years ago

I play guitar. I started at about 5 years old, but didn't start playing again until about my 8th grade year do to family issues. In the past I also played trumpet and piano. I started trumpet 6th grade year and stopped 9th grade year. I played piano 10th grade year to 12th grade year.

3. Knowledge>Power profile image80
    Knowledge>Powerposted 7 years ago

i started playing guitar 2 yeas ago, love it, but also love trombone which i learned in school

4. tenordj profile image78
    tenordjposted 7 years ago

I play saxaphone but I havent picked one up in about 8 and a half years. I loved it and would love to have the time to start playing again. I started playing when I was in the 8th grade so that would have been 1995-96

5. cyoung35 profile image86
    cyoung35posted 7 years ago

I play the drums but I started playing the trumpet when I was in 5th grade. I told my parents I didn't like it because it hurt my lips so they thought that was it for me in music. The next year I was at an assembly and it featured sound of percussion, I was so intrigued by it all that I asked my parents to buy me a drum set. They were apprehensive at first after my first unsuccessful try at the trumpet but they bought me a practice pad. I never looked back at that point and when I finally got my full drum set I was practicing every day for 4 - 6 hours a day, driving my father mad. You don't have to start as early as 6th grade but it helps, I've seen people start in high school and if they have some musical ability it will come naturally and pick up to the instrument quickly. Practice, practice, practice if you want to be good.