jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is your favorite bait to use when fish are finicky?

1. cyoung35 profile image87
    cyoung35posted 7 years ago

What is your favorite bait to use when fish are finicky?

We have our clear water methods out here in Southern California but I want to know what you use when fishing is tough that allows you to catch fish when nothing else seems to work.

2. POULOMI DUTTA profile image61
    POULOMI DUTTAposted 7 years ago

large sized live bait
    better option is butterfly jigging
    butterfly jigs are widely available in online stores

you can go through my fishing hubs to learn more

3. fordie profile image73
    fordieposted 7 years ago

I'm a big fan of worms. Presented properly there's a tail to get the interest and plenty more for burying a hook.

Of course, it isn't just the bait that matters. Clear water calls for lighter tackle and much more care so as not to scare the fish away

4. Ren Chin profile image84
    Ren Chinposted 7 years ago

it depends on the fish and water system...if in lakes and ponds, try worms and night crawlers.  If it is is coastal sea, try squid or anchovies

5. Adventure Colorad profile image83
    Adventure Coloradposted 7 years ago

I will go with the common theme here, worms.  I mostly fish for trout, which can go for many different lures, power bait, sucker meat, salmon eggs and many other forms of bait.  But worms still seem to be one of the most consistent performers, even when the fish don't want anything else.

6. surfcaster2010 profile image77
    surfcaster2010posted 7 years ago

Any fish smaller than the one I'm trying to catch in the same area. If you offer them something they are used to eating, with a hook in it's back, looking injured, the bigger fish can't resist it. I works for us in the Northeast.

7. David Legg 7 profile image71
    David Legg 7posted 6 years ago

I usually fly fish, but I have done a lot of bait fishing over the years, and was very successful using smaller worms with a size 14 hook, no weight, and just let it drift with the current, or in still water, just get it in front of the fish, and leave it set.